MMA Shogun interview [spoilers]

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

Shogun gave an interview to a local newspaper in Curitiba, Brazil.

I hope you guys understand my english, if any portuguese speaker wants to correct me, just say whatever you think is wrong and i`ll edit my post:

The Curitiba native fighter Maurício “Shogun” Rua arrived in Curitiba in the afternoon of this Wednesday (26). Although the calm trip, the defeat suffered in the last Saturday in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) of number 76 still echoes in the head of the athlete of the Academy Chute Boxe. The third defeat of its career in the MMA (Mixed Martial Arts, the known “vale-tudo”) for the North American Forrest Griffin disappointed to all, also the proper fighter.

“I was Really very sad, was the worse defeat of my career”, declared Shogun. Previously, a broken arm - in the fight against Mark Coleman - and a finishing against Renato “Babalu” Sobral in 2003 had been the only defeats of the "curitibano".

“I had never gassed as i gassed in this fight. But he does not advance to invent excuses, the error was mine, I did not train as he would have, I did not concentrate myself, had had other things that had confused, but it also had merits. "I learned a lesson from this and now i will have to train to comeback stronger”, relieved the fighter.

In the fight, the breath lack made with that the "curitibano" searched all the time to knock down Griffin, but without success. The exchange of blows also was engaged. “As i gassed, i wanted to decide on the ground, in a top position. At the beginning, the objective was to fight standing and to decide there, but as the time went by, i got very tired”, lamented.

Beyond the problems in the preparation, Shogun also blamed an injury in one of the knees as one of the problems faced for him in the last two months. “I busted the ligament during trainings, I was limited, i could not run, i could not thresh right. Still though, i trained sufficiently, but not enough”, he affirmed.

To decide the problem, Shogun disclosed that “it will go for the surgery” already on this friday (2[​IMG]. “I'll have a knee surgery on friday and must be away from training for the next three months. For what I talked with the master Rudimar (Fedrigo), I'll only comeback to fight in January or February”. The goal, although the defeat, follows being the same one: “The goal is the belt, the fight continues”, concluded.

source in portuguese: http://portal.rpc.com.br/gazetadopov...esao-no-joelho

2. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

sucks for him, lol

3. Rob H

Rob H New Member

damn

4. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

sad but he had to know he was needed to bring his A game.

5. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

Rebound? :x:

6. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I hope the injury isn't too bad. I'd kinda like to see Chuck insist on fighting him instead of Wandy and then get his ass beat by a game Shogun :hs:

7. darkjedi

darkjedi Muay Thai expert

houston alexander vs shogun

8. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

That as fun to imaigne a real live human being saying all that out loud. translations are fun.

But really, I hope shogun comes back strong. The injury is probably what Randy was talking about. Sucks when fighters have injuries that hamper their fights.

9. Spector

Spector Da' Lurker OT Supporter

Shogun is young and I hope he learns from this fight just as GSP seems to have done following his loss to Serra. They are both young and super-talented at many aspects of fighting but must always walk into training camp and the cage prepared and ready.

10. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Houston Vs Wanderlei instead plz.

11. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

brazilian loss = injuries

not training hard enough is somewhat a new one

12. Yeah. I always love that one.

"I had Leprosy... that's why I got knocked out in 20 seconds."

13. Degenerate

Degenerate Optimus Riem! OT Supporter

maybe he should juice for the next fight :mamoru:

14. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Oh shit, can't wait to hear Chuck's new excuse...