SRS Shitty past few days

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Keegan, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Keegan

Keegan New Member

So my life has been going pretty well up until 2 days ago...
    I've always looked at things with a positive light and tried to see the upside to everything, but lately it's just hard to. I had been pushing for a big photo assignment in Ottawa and it finally got shot down because our paper blew almost all our budget. There was an accident that put them 20k in the tank because they let an inexperienced driver drive the rental van in the Canadian prairies in January. On top of that, I've just been in a bad mood, feeling really down, and nothing seems to be going my way. I'm getting frustrated easily, not in a mood to talk to any of my really close friends, and am basically withdrawing inward.

I'll typically go out and shoot photos to relax, go for walks, hit the gym even harder than normal, and usually try to look past things and find the upside, but this week I just can't seem to. I'm not typically a negative person, but I just can't seem to break this rut.

Any suggestions?

Cliffs: Shit ain't going my way, turned down on a big photo assignment, in a bad mood, etc. What to do?

2. northw3st

northw3st New Member

life is hard, really hard.

the question is: are you ready to handle it? just get through it, one day at a time. take pride in the fact that you can rise above it.

3. Keegan

Keegan New Member

Thanks for the advice.
    Hit the gym hard this evening ready to put it all out. Came back, showered and ate a solid meal. Definitely feeling better. Gonna just chill and keep it slow for the next day or so. Feeling a bit better.
    You're right; work hard at it over time and take pride in that.

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Life always shovles shit in your face, but that's how you learn , therefore always keep going for gold in life, its the only way that reaps rewards.

5. Twiztid

Twiztid What the FUCK is a samoflange?

What helps me sometimes is just doing some stuff I really want to do. It might sound selfish but when I feel better I have a better attitude towards other people and situations, thereby helping them. My wife is great and understands that if I wunna sit around all day on saturday watching old Kung Fu movies, it's going to make her coming week a lot more pleasant =D

It's cliche but you gotta help yourself before you can help other people.