shit, why are all the bikes around here so expensive?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by HardTech, Sep 21, 2003.

1. HardTech

HardTech hungry

May 5, 2000
    The best deal I've found is a guy selling his 1996 FZR600 for $2300 (7k miles). I would've bought it the first chance I had, but I didn't have all the money with me at once so he sold it to somebody who did.

I'm looking around, and I see a lot of fucked up bikes going for a lot higher than they should. A 1995 CBR600 for $6000? A 1994 CBR with salvage for $5000? A 1989 CBR for $3000?

btw, I'm really only looking for Kawasaki, Yamaha, or Honda, and all of them either 600 sportsbikes or 250 and 500 sports bikes (if I find a kawasaki)

I'm just a student with a low-paying job saving up as much as I can to buy a motorcycle... :wtc:
  2. hoax

hoax Guest

Used sportbike prices seem to hit around $3500 and start bottoming out. Anything lower than $3000 and you probably buying a real junk pile. Remember not to look at what is being asked for, that price is always high. Make a reasonable offer and see if they bite.

3. rider

rider New Member

Sep 9, 2003
    and don't forget that sportbikes are usually owned by kids who like to go fast, maybe do tricks and stunts, and probably dropped it once or a few times. be careful and make sure that you get one that runs real well and has been taken care of.