Shit, I've reached the status no one wants...skinny-fat :hsugh:

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DaneMan, Dec 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaneMan

DaneMan Active Member

Recently, i've gotten back on my three-day routine of weight training (similar to what is posted in the FAQ for beginners..split between Bench/Deadlift/Squat days). However, I think I also need to try and incorperate some cardio in my workout. I'm definitely an ecto...two years ago I used to be 125 lbs....now I weigh 140 due to excess shitty-food eating and beer binging. Most of the stored fat is of course in the old tummy area. I'm trying to bulk (clean bulking at this moment of course, mind you).

If I do introduce cardio into my routine, how much time/pace should I put into it? Sorry if this question is asked regularly...I couldn't find anything in search.

2. BoypussY

BoypussY game over.

eat a lot of clean food and lift heavy. You can cut after you piled enough muscle on. cardio isnt really necessary (in terms of cutting fat) if your diet's in check, but if you like to do for endurance and health, do it.

3. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

unless you're 4'6" there's no such thing as cutting at 140. Cardio will not fix your diet. Cardio is great for the sake of cardio. If you want to be jacked you need to eat clean/big and squat.

Low intensity cardio is good for flushing out some of the lactic acid from squating and deadlifting all the time. So I like to swim or jog on off days, or if I just have a lighter lifting day. But you don't want to overtrain and cutting back on lifting to do more cardio isn't going to be that productive for getting timberwolfed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.