GUN Shit hit the fan, what do you grab?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by 4bangin, Dec 9, 2005.

1. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

Whether it's war or just looters caused by natural disaster. What gun from your collection would you grab to make sure you get out alive?

2. jimmybuffett

jimmybuffett New Member

glock 17 with hi caps
    ruger 10/22, i know it sounds gay, but i can hit anything and everything with this gun, its cheap to shoot, no kick, and has killed more animals than all other calibers. pretty sure a 22 with hollowpoints would do some damage on a looter

3. Clusive

Clusive Happiness is a belt-fed weapon.

My 1911 and my shotgun.

IDK, I've been thinking about making a SHTF vest or bag. Put a pair of fatigues in there, with underwear/socks/etc, ammo/mags, radio, waterbottle, an MRE or 2, knife. What else?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  4. skeletor25rs

skeletor25rs Yetis & Deer

My truck. Everything I need is in there:

Colt .45
    Ruger .22 pistol (for killing food if necessary)
    Nova 12
    Rem 700 .308
    ammo
    knives
    food/water
    cell phone

5. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I would stay in my house unless its completely destroyed. All my stuff is here , it's the most logical place to be. Around the house an 870 police with surefire front end will keep me safe. If I had to leave I'd carry the p226 and sub2000 under a coat probably. If I had to go into a shelter for some reason like new orleans (which I would desperately try not to do) I would sneak in my p3at and/or j frame.

6. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

my AR (if it gets here), my XD and my .45. I could carry them all :big grin:

7. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

My Mossberg 590 12 gauge as the primary and Glock 21 as the secondary.

8. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Well if I got to bug out and leave the house I'll throw as much stuff in my truck as possible, Ammo wise I'm in the best shape with 7.62x39 and 5.45, So I'll grab Norinco Folder and SAR2, Glock17 and P99, I would also try to bring my AR's and other AK's, svd, savage, 590. If I had to just run off on foot, norinco folder, and I got 4 RPK mag holders (4 mags each) ready to go, P99 and Glock

9. blindarrow

blindarrow New Member

SHTF, I'm fleeing to my grandparent's house, which is situated in the midst of the woods, and is quite large.. every gun & box of ammo I have comes with me. I have a pickup, so it would just be a matter of grab & go.

Natural disaster situation, I'm going to stay put, with a 1911 on my thigh and my shotgun within reach at all times.. and Idl probably make a run to the Army Surplus store before it gets bad & stock up on MREs and any other goodies I need.

10. Fidel Castro

Fidel Castro OT Supporter

Glock 22

11. black96gtvert

black96gtvert "Is that goal regulation size or what!" -Happy Gil

my mossberg 500 cruiser pistol grip 8shot

my xd 40

romanian ak-47

12. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

Zombie Invasion :x:

13. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Zombie invasion hmm tough one depending how far into it would depend what I do, either get as much supplies as possible and bug in at home board up windows, or theres a mall only 1.5 miles away :bigthumb:

14. Pineapple Devil

Pineapple Devil beat it!

tactical ar (when i build it) and my glock 19

15. 4bangin

4bangin Ballet of Violence

BTW I would take my AR15 with hi-cap mags and glock 17 for sidearm. I would rather have hi-cap mags than 14 guns thrown around my shoulder.

16. Ryno

Ryno Gun in hand

I'd grab my XD with my 15 rd mags and my SKS. That should do the trick.

17. johan

johan Active Member

Would you guys take 9mm or .45?

9mm because of its easier to carry more rounds, easier to find ammo, and usually higher in-gun capacity?

Or just carry a minimum of handgun ammo, and stick to long gun ammo?

18. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I don't own anything in .45 at the moment, I have glock17 and AR15 in 9mm and my main carry gun is a .40, I consider handgun just to be a backup, if it were a SHTF situation I'de be carrying the walther and glock and my 357, besides one in the mag 2 extra 12 round mags for the P99 and and I'de find a place to carry my 2 33rd glock mags, other then that anything in my backpack or mag pouches would all be for my rifle.

19. texchef

texchef Guest

More officers use 9mm than .40. I knew a guy once who bought exactly what LE uses so he could snag mags off the dead ones for himself.

20. emad

emad Lost

xd-40, g23, and the mossy 500 :)

21. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Yeah the G17 I could pick up mags like that, but I wouldn't be doing much fighting with a handgun anyway its just for backup or to be used as a means to get a rifle.

22. d0nk3ypunch

d0nk3ypunch New Member

23. Scoob_13

Scoob_13 Anything is possible, but the odds are astronomica

If I had a holdout area, probably the M1 with my ammo boxes (~600 rounds), the 12ga with the 1000 shells, and both my .45acp and my .38Super - I've got about 500 rounds of both.

If it were me on the run, the M1 over the shoulder, .38Super in the thigh holster and the .45acp in the tac vest and 4 magazines each handgun, with 15, maybe 20 clips (8 rounds/clip) of .30-06 for the M1. The length of the shotgun wouldn't be practical given the rifle hanging off my back :p

24. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

In the event of Attack/Revolution/War/Zombie Attack I would toss my stockpile of ammo, my S&W .357, 92FS 9mm and Sig P226 and my AR15 and various other rifles (mostly .22) into our car. My family would jet down to the airport and my father would fly nap of the earth (less than 100 feet off the deck, to avoid radar) in our twin turboprop Cheyenne. We could be in Lake Lure, NC landing at the airstrip in less than an hour and a half if we just about redlined the engines.
    [​IMG]

We would then drive to our home in NC. Which is pretty damn remote. I know the wildernes there like the back of my hand, and would be able to use the terrain to my advantage.

Home in Lake Lure NC:
    [​IMG]

More pics: http://wncmountainhome.com/tour.html

We have 2 4x4 vehicles and my best friend owns 900+ acres on that lake and surrounding mountains. Three rooms of the house can withstand a pretty good direct hit from a small conventional bomb. Plus the house has enough natural gas to last for about 6 months if you use it sparingly. We also have our own well for water.

Wolverines anyone?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2005
  25. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Nice, my uncle has a hunting cabin way upstate NY pretty remote up in the mountains no paved roads around but its just a basic hunting cabin, no plumbing, no electric coming in just a small generator... Can I use your place as a fall back? I'm always down to go shootup a commie convoy gotta try to score myself a PKM and select fire ak74 :x: