MIL Shipping to WTC in Feb

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Emanon, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

Ohhh fun......get to do a mini basic with the other branches. After being out for 8 years I'm sure a good bit of shit has changed so it will be good.

Now I have to get my old ass in shape before showing up on Benning. Went from being Signal to Infantry at this age :rofl: Yeah I've lost my mind.

2. aftershock-

aftershock- rawr -.-

wow...good luck to ya

3. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

Congratulations on your decision. I did the same thing at age 46 after a couple decades spent sitting behind a desk. I ran and worked out for a solid month before my ship date. If I was going to do it over I would have started a month earlier.

WTC has changed from when I went through. I did mine at Ft. Knox, with active duty infantry Drill Sgts.

Don't be one of the retreads that gets all butt-hurt the first time you get smoked.

4. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

Thanks Ranger! I expect to be smoked a few times and look forward to it in a weird way.

The past eight years I have had a great paying job but watched people continually laid off and duties stacked on. The atmosphere was once a place that was happy to have you slowly turned into you are lucky to have a job. I just sat there and said this isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life. The first time I was in I was young and listened to the vocal bunch where you are expected to do your four and get out and become rich and happy. Well I make good money but the quality of life sucks. While the life in the military can be total SHIT there is something about it that appeals to me. I only regret taking this long to make the decision to return.

Now as far as getting in shape.......starting after today with a program. Figure I can can get in shape with in three months. Want to be able to at least pass the 18 year old PT test before shipping.

5. Hawkeye

Hawkeye i'm a stranger here, just blowed in your town

6. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

:dunno:

7. GPkustoms

GPkustoms OT Supporter

what was your prior MOS, im signal, btw

8. Julius

Julius Guest

personally if i were you i would join la legion etrangere, but best of luck

9. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

Why would you join the French Foreign Legion?

10. Off

Off Memento Mori

why would he do that?

11. Julius

Julius Guest

i could've worded that much differently, sorry :rofl:

essentially what i meant is that if i was in his position, i would join the legion. it's just a personal goal of mine that i have set after i complete my graduate studies. that was stupid of me to say, it has nothing to do with him.

best of luck on your decision. i can see why you want to go into the combat arms field and i hope you find success in it.

12. Emanon

Emanon Active Member

Ahhh ok that makes more sense :bigthumb: Glad I'm finally going to take a stab at something I have long regretted not doing the first time around.

13. Julius

Julius Guest

atta boy.

if i could do it over again, i would've dumped this faggot pogue signal bullshit and gone for 19D.

seriously, signal is such a fucking disappointment these days.

14. Off

Off Memento Mori

Graduate studies + FFL? Does not compute :rofl:

People were already :ugh: because I joined the infantry when I had 3 years done on a finance degree :mamoru: