Shin splints

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Inferno, Jun 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inferno

Inferno Guest

Talking to my kickboxing instructor when I got shin splints from running (first two weeks they appeared).. He said the best treatment without loosing fitness is to mix your training program .. for example 1st day run, 2nd day swim, 3rd day cycle etc.. He also said that If your going to run to try and do it on grass/sand or get a really good pair of shoes to absorb the most shock.:) ( This is taking into account that the injury isnt dire and they don't hurt all the time in which case the best the best treatment would be rest.

2. Tugga

Tugga OT Supporter

Whats your question?

If you want a tip to increase the healing process.

get about 200 grams for sorboline cream get 2 preggo pills from your girlfriend, crush them up super fine and mix it in your cream. Apply to your shins morening and night, as well as streching the muscles.

3. Tugga

Tugga OT Supporter

Shin splints are an inflammation of the thin layer of tissue that covers the bone (periosteum), and bone tissue

4. lauren

lauren Active Member

streatch, and do an adaquet amount of warmup/cooldown. running on grass is harder to do, but easier on your joints/legs. 800 mg ibuprofen works for me, as do properly fitted running shoes.

5. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

i used to feel my shins until I started thai boxing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.