Shin splint type pain in forearm?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by TANGO SUKKA, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TANGO SUKKA

TANGO SUKKA Well-Known Member

Yesterday (chest) and today (bi/tri) I felt a really crappy pain in my forearm. As if the bone was cracked or something. Yesterday, I started noticing it on my chest exercises, but it wasn't so bad. Today, it was a lot worse...but only during my bicep exercises. I recently started lifting heavier than I normally do (I've only been working out for 3 months) and it's gotten pretty painful as I've increased the amount of weights I lift.

Is something wrong with me, or is this normal? How do I fix it?

2. TANGO SUKKA

I found this explanation on another forum... meh

Any good forearm exercises other than :wackit: ?

3. reminisce

reminisce OT Supporter

i got a similar pain but it wasn't only heavy weights. i boiled down the cause to a certain wrist position (anything underhand). i started using wrist wraps and it went away for a while but it comes and goes intermittently.

mentioned it to my orthopedist he said it sounded like a ruptured nerve but :dunno:

4. TANGO SUKKA

I noticed it with my hammer curls really badly. It hurt only when I let go of the barbell with preacher curls. I'm gonna take a week off and see if it gets better. :hs:

Newb gains ftl :o

5. reminisce

reminisce OT Supporter

i had no problem with hammer curls/neutral grip, but i know exactly what you are talking about with letting go of the bar. it hurts during the set as well but at the end it's like your hand is attached to the bar and peeling it off hurts like a bitch.

for what its worth, i took 3 weeks off because of a different injury while this was happening and as soon as i put my hand on the bar first day back i got the same pain again.

6. TANGO SUKKA

ffffffuuuuuuuuu

i'm gonna take a week off from lifting and then start working my forearms with those grip squeeze things for a while, then ease back into it.

7. KingGargantuan

KingGargantuan ♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖

i used to have that when i was in highschool from gymnastics. working the pommel horse every day killed my forearms. the weird thing is they hurt like hell when i was off the pommel horse but they felt fine when i was up there putting pressure on them.

8. 98dirtybird

98dirtybird OT Supporter

I only get it when doing bbb curls, i now do reverse grip bb curls.

9. 60druidgurubash

60druidgurubash OT Supporter

my forearms kill me when i use the small barbells with the weights permanently attached when doing bicep curls. but if i use the olympic bar then they dont hurt. soemthing to do with grip.

10. themolsen

themolsen New Member

exactly what I had. and it's your tendons. take ibuprofen and don't do anything that hurts for a couple weeks. then work on strengthening your forearms

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.