TAT She's *almost* complete v.rib-pinup

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by sparq, Dec 11, 2007.

1. sparq

sparq New Member

Peter Driben pinup girl, two sessions... 3 hours and 2 hours of color that just went on Saturday. But, you get the idea. Done by a local artist Kim @ Phoenix Rising... go back Jan 11th to put some background in and talk about the back piece and other side :noes:

[​IMG]

2. audrey

audrey New Member

ooooer niiiiice one!!! I <3 pin up girls!

3. audrey

audrey New Member

Did your Dad end up getting his too?

4. beebee

beebee New Member

:o i had a dream one night last week that i got a tatoo of a pin up girl :noes:

5. sparq

sparq New Member

Yeah, I dont think I have any pics of it. He got a naked gal w/ an american flag. Ive got to check his schedule, but were going to be going in to get "No Guts, No Glory" tattooed on us.

My background is going to be green just like the original picture, however going to add a little uniqueness to it to make it mine. Going to have some stars put in to represent the deaths of a few people in my life. :o

6. Seraph

Seraph Guest

The line of her upper body doesn't line up with the skirt. It almost looks like there is an extra glow of the skin color to help it line up. Did the artist mess up?

7. sparq

sparq New Member

:rofl: what are you talking about? It definately lines up with the skirt just fine.

8. Seraph

Seraph Guest

[​IMG]

Point 1 clearly shows what SHOULD be the outline of her amputated arm. The shading along that outline looks fine.

Point 2 shows the extra "glow" of flesh color that wraps around the properly shaded arm, making the shading now appear to be off.

9. sparq

sparq New Member

Nope, thats the way it is supposed to look.

Original

[​IMG]

10. stapleremover

stapleremover New Member

:ugh: the face looks horrible...at least from that pic

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  11. sparq

sparq New Member

Soon as its healed up ill be sure to post more pics.

12. Seraph

Seraph Guest

Well then he did a poor job shading.

Look, pinups have never been my thing, but I can appreciate any and all tattoos because at the end of the day, it's all art and none of the pin-ups are on my body. However, I'd be lying if I said the artist did a good job. The face looks off, the arm appears to be an amputated stump, and the shading is not that great.

I'd go get it touched up by someone who knows what they're doing.

But as I said, it's not my body, it's yours. Just as this is my opinion and not yours. You don't need to listen to anything I have to say and I'm really sorry because I'm not trying to be mean.

In my mind, you shouldn't have to show me the picture your tattoo is referencing for me to be like "ohhhhh okay I get it now." That's a sign of a poor tattoo.

13. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

14. sparq

sparq New Member

I posted a picture because the shading was mentioned, and obviously no one was understanding that it is just the way it is supposed to be. Thats how the artwork was done, thats how I wanted my tattoo.

So its a bad shading job because my artist did the tattoo the way its supposed to be :ugh2:

15. Seraph

Seraph Guest

Like I said, merely my opinion. If you're pleased with the way it turned out then I'm happy for you, it is YOUR skin so that's all that matters.

16. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

i think your tattoo is really hot. i love pinup girls. :naughty:

i want one but teh bf thinks that would be weird :rofl:

17. StayLRG

StayLRG New Member

that picture is alright, your tattoo is not. again, get it touched up by a knowledgeable shop.

18. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Both Seraph and StayLRG really don't know what they're talking about. The artist did the tattoo the way the ARTWORK was done which is the way the thread starter wanted it. It has nothing to do with being a knowledgeable shop or a good tattoo artist. You're both just being picky morons.

19. Seraph

Seraph Guest

And you're just being too nice. Don't post pictures of your tattoo on an internet messageboard if you aren't willing to accept both positive AND negative critiques. I don't care if you ask for it or not, you'll get an honest opinion from MOST people here.

You in particular are among a number of people in this forum who feel it is a terrible thing to say something negative about a person's tattoo. Sorry I'm not going to pussyfoot around being nice to everyone because I think there is a difference between good and bad ink. I was in no way mean or rude and I did not ridicule him. I simply told him my thoughts on it and I happen to think it looks bad.

Concerning the way the tattoo was done, I don't agree with the assertion that it coincides perfectly with the artwork he posted. The mouth looks scrunched up to the point where the girl looks uncomfortable and not smiling. Her arm looks like a stump whereas the picture clearly shows the arm going behind the head. The shading looks like shit. Sorry, it looks like shit. I'm obviously not the only one in the thread who agrees with this.

I'm trying to help this guy out by telling him to go to a different artist to touch it up to make it look better. If he intended to have a pin-up girl that is poorly shaded, with a face that looks off, and a missing arm, then I guess I am wrong and I apologize. But when I have ink permanently carved into my skin, you can call me a picky moron all you want to. It's there for life and I would hope everyone would be picky about a tattoo.

20. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Are you serious? Do you know how many threads get deleted on a weekly basis because I say its a shitty tattoo? I've been in this industry for 10+ years now, I know a badly done tattoo when I see one. This tattoo is not badly done, its not great either. It IS done the way the drawing is which is what the customer wanted. Why can you not understand that??

Please post every single tattoo you have. High res pictures if you have them. I'll pick apart every single little detail that your artist fucked up and see how much you like it.

21. audrey

audrey New Member

Maybe he doesn't have any tatttoos :rofl: