MMA Sherk releases statement

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Bausk, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Sherk Releases Statement on Appeal
    Options: Email Article | Printer Friendly
    Monday, July 23, 2007
    by Sherdog.com Staff

Sean Sherk (Pictures) has retained an attorney and plans to fight the allegations that he used anabolic steroids in the run-up to his July 7 title defense against Hermes Franca (Pictures). In a press release, Sherk clearly maintained his innocence although he had no immediate explanation for the positive test.

"At the present time, I cannot explain the positive drug test in Sacramento, California," stated the UFC lightweight champion. "I know that I have never used any steroids or other banned substances, and I am investigating possible causes of the positive test with my attorney. I have never cheated, and all of my success has come from hard work and dedication to my sport."

Sherk has retained Howard Jacobs of Los Angels, California to represent him in his appeal of his suspension and fine.

That appeal will be heard in Los Angeles at a California State Athletic Commission meeting scheduled for August 6 at 10 a.m. Hermes Franca (Pictures), who challenged Sherk at UFC 73 and Phil Baroni (Pictures) who tested positive after his June 22 fight with Frank Shamrock (Pictures) are also slated to have their appeals heard.

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

so his statement was that he doesnt have a statement.... ...i hate him more every day.

3. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I don't believe him.

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

What?

"At the present time, I cannot explain the positive drug test in Sacramento, California," stated the UFC lightweight champion. "I know that I have never used any steroids or other banned substances, and I am investigating possible causes of the positive test with my attorney. I have never cheated, and all of my success has come from hard work and dedication to my sport."

5. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I want to believe him. But we'll see if he can prove he isn't guilty.

6. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

yeah, like i said, nothign new. he was appealing the result. What he said pretty much doesnt give any further light into it. "I didnt do steroids." no shit, thats why you are appealign it.

I thought he might have given some info, bad supliments, retest results, him paying to retest, medication, drank randleman's urine, etc...

i guess i just figured with the big hooplah around thsi he wouldnt have opted for the brevity in his statement that he did.

7. Bausk

Bausk New Member

The question I have to ask, is why didn't he test this high last time?

8. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

yeah, except for "A guilty man would not retain a lawyer and vow to vindicate himself" he was making sense.

I hope whatever ruling they come to it is the correct one. he strikes me as a smug little dick and i have never liked watchign him fight, but there is no denying that he works his ass off, and to get screwed for doing so would be lame.

9. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

Guilty until proven innocent.

It's a horrible turn we've taken in America the past decade or so.

10. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

wow, wrong forum

11. Sammo

Sammo New Member

:ugh: idiot

12. Bausk

Bausk New Member

He failed his drug test.

13. alkalinesolo

alkalinesolo Active Member

That's not really "proof."

Unless of course you are saying that it's impossible to get a false positive?

14. that's why they have "A" and "B" samples. two false positives are tough to explain.

15. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

nice.

soem of these gusy just strikeme as stereo-typical jocks. Hughes being the perfect example. And I dont even think Hughes is probably a bad guy, just likes fuckign with people and talkign shit.
    good point :ugh:

him smiling and cheering when GSP got KO'd was real classy :ugh:

and you know he was doign that because him and his boy toy were bitter.

16. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Lots of people cheer at the end of fights, especially when they end in KO. :hsugh: People have different reasons for wanting someone to win or lose, and having lost to them in competition sounds like a good enough reason to me to cheer against someone.

I cheered when Chuck got KO'd by Rampage. I guess I'm an asshole.

17. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

thats why they do it, to eliminate the chance of an outside variable. contamination, incorrect processing, etc....

actually, the more i think about it, the less i think he would juice. I think physically what he does is close to impossible to do without steroids, but as long as his body is able to hold up to the abuse hge puts it thorough, his workouts and diet look liek they would produce exactly what you see, which is a freak of a man.

why stress your nutrition so much if you are just going to destroy your body by juicing? If he did juice he deserves an academy award.

18. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

those are probably the only two KO's i havent cheered for. and any one where the person looks fuckign mamed.

then you are probably a poor sport as well.

19. Bausk

Bausk New Member

You mean like making up excuses for losing, like GSP?

Respect your opponent in the ring, before and after. Your personal feelings though are your own. He chose to root for Serra during that fight and was happy when he won. Grow up.

20. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

honestly, you just seem like a stand up guy that would say it how it is whether you thought he may have been or if he wasn't, and I figure your second hand assumptions online are better than any of the speculation or however he is portrayed on spike or other media outlets.

but if he is innocent of this, there area lot of two bit mma columnests that are gonna owe him a reach around.

21. I don't follow you here.

22. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

that doesnt make them mature or sportsman-like.... ...not sure why you are taking it so personally.

23. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Like that piece of shit Yahoo column, lol.

24. Bausk

Bausk New Member

It doesn't make them unsportsmanlike just because you've lost to someone before either.

25. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

exactly.

that guy burnt a major bridge though, I doubt we will ever see him doing the pretaped comentary again. D'oh!

agreed. it was just my opinion and gut feeling. not liek any of us would knwo anyways.

I do see how if you arent a GSP fan, it wopuld be impossible not to applaud that one. David beat goliath.