She wants to still be friends.....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Reign, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Reign

Reign Banned

My GF and I just broke up on Friday. Because I was dumb and kind jealous. She once had this guy that was her friend for awhile text her asking "When are you gonna come see me" and it really bothered me. From then on I would kinda ask her who she was talking to and it would bother me she would talk to other guys. It got better after time though... I mean, not completly but I just would want to know who she was talking to. Well, Friday I kinda was looking at her phone and she caught me and it really made her mad.

We fought and pretty much broke up....

I don't know what to do now. I want to hate her, but I still love her. She's the only girl I've ever told I loved... ever. She has a kid, she got preganant at 16... he's the most wonderful little guy ever. I love him to death. She says that she wants to experience being a teenager because she never really got to.... she never really got to date. She wants to remain friends though because she says she loves me alot and that I'm her best friend.

It kills me inside... I went and tried to flirt with these girls today and I did... but it felt so wrong... I thought I was doing something wrong.

She wants to remain friends, she breaks into tears everytime I say I don't know if I want to... but I don't know. She says she just doesn't want a boyfriend right now... I really just want her to be happy but I think it would kill me to see her with another guy when she is ready even though I want her to be happy....

What would you all recommend. This is the hardest break up I've ever done. We still talk like everyday, she's been... she's been my life for the past 6 months.

2. gjunon

gjunon OT Supporter

hell no dont be friends just walk away perhaps down the road she will want to be withyou again... Ladder theory written all over this.

3. Shelby500

Shelby500 New Member

if you really loved her you'll find a way to make up and come back to her aslong as you get over the jealousy thing i'm sure your love to her will overcome the jealousy

4. Reign

Reign Banned

Shelby, I though so too... i've been trying the past few days. I go between hating her, then loving her, then wanting to hurt/destroy her, back to loving her.

She said she's made up her mind that she doesn't want a boyfriend right now. That she needs to find a job... that she wants to date for a bit.

5. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

I would say the best bet is to walk away and not look back. This is usually what I do, then those who really were your "best friends" you always end up running into again. This has happened with three of my ex's. I think for the first month or so after a break up you have that life or death feeling when it comes to the other person, that needs to go away before a friendship can resume. If anything tell her you need your space for a few months, at the time you two can get together and re-evaluate your relationship (be it friendship/ get back together/ whatever) that way your head will be cleared and it will be easier to take a 3rd party perspective on things.

6. Bruticus

Bruticus half dead OT Supporter

Exactly my feelings.