SRS She wants me to move in.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LudaMan, Nov 15, 2005.

1. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

Alright, heres the scoop:

My girlfriend Emily and I will have been dating for one year on November 26th. Up until this week, she spend the past four months in basic training for the Air Guard in San Antonio. Needless to say, we spent this weekend and today making up for lost time. Shes 18 and im 20, and she is looking at apartments. I still live with my parents. (College student who gets the basement to himself, not a bad deal for me :bigthumb: )

Anyway, today as I was saying goodbye to her, she asked me if I was going to be spending a lot of time at her apartment, since she is more than likely going to be getting one about 5 minutes away from where I and where she will be going to school. I said yes, since it makes sense. I could just go home later that night.

Before I drone on, I'll get to the point. She asked me if I would slowly work my way into living with her. I knew the question was coming, I just put it in the back of my head until now.

Now I love this girl to death and she loves me as well, and our parents are ok with us so far, but there are a few problems. First off, I only have one more semester at this college before I transfer to Iowa State, which will be 20 minutes away from where her apartment will be. Secondly, I was looking into getting an on campus apartment at ISU and was really looking forward to living on my own. I guess the question I'm asking isn't whether or not I should live with her, but what the best way for me to break it to her that I'm not ready to live with her yet and I want to live on my own before I move in with someone else first. I told her that once she got the apartment, we'd talk about it. Does anyone else have any experience with this? Sorry for this issue being so long! Thanks guys.

Cliffs: Girlfriend wants me to move in, im not ready, how should I break it to her?

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

School comes first before living in some apartment, if she loves you then she should be willing to wait, make this understandable to her, by saying that when your school is over and you finished getting your diploma you'll be ready to move in.

3. quamen

quamen New Member

Very true

I just think slowly moving in while your going to school, will put you behind your studies even more since other activities will be taking place more of the time. I saw enjoy yourself and not live the semi married life yet, get that apartment near your school and just finish up.

4. $shot

$shot OT Supporter

as far as moving in anywhere with your gf, get whatever you need to get out of your system before doing so, so there won't be any stress in that area..

once you're ready (if still in school), why doesn't she just come live with you? (so you can still be on campus)

5. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

I believe, but not sure, that since I'm getting an on - campus apartment, only students can live there, and I'm not sure if shes going to go ISU after the community college. Im two years ahead of her in school, so ill probably be graduated by the time she is ready to move on to a four year. Thanks for the replies guys.

6. teo

teo . => ? => !

Just tell her you're not ready. :dunno:

If you were really looking forward to living on your own, say so. If you think you're too young/not experienced enough/whatever, say that too. There's no need to rush into the rest of your life.

Consider, too, that she might take that answer a little harder right now since she's spent a good deal of time away from you and wants to cling to you now that she's back.

7. GlassUser

GlassUser send an email not a pm OT Supporter

Be firm. You're going to have to be the man in the relationship any way. Start now.