She loves me, i love her, Why don't I want a relationship?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by lawnboy, May 28, 2007.

1. lawnboy

lawnboy Robert DeNigro

preface: I have been single for over 2 years because my last relationship (of 3 years) ended disasterously. it took me over a year to finally say i was over the ex, and yet i still think of her here and there.

Now, as for the new girl...
    I blame it on my own stupidity. This girl is clearly the best thing to happen to me in a while...we have been together for almost 3 months and she's crazy about me and would do anything for me. I love the girl too, but she seems to want to be with me at ALL times...being single for so long, i want to be able to do whatever i want and never seem to want to compromise. I told her last night i needed a break to think and it clearly crushed her...i feel awful. The shitty thing is i still yearn to be a player sometimes and not have any commitments...however, this girl is too perfect for me to want to really let her go. She is definately the type i would want in my future and possibly marry. what the fuck is wrong with me?

2. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

if you figure it out, let me know. :hs:

3. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I love how guys finally meet this supposed "dream girl," the girl you all say "you could marry." Yet those guys are always the ones who really aren't that interested in them and usually dump them.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

nothing, it just sounds like she was too clingy for you.

5. antihero

antihero OT Supporter

guys don't dream about weddings and kids and calling the wife and asking pemission to do things, and staying home all weekend.

:hs:

6. Durka Durka

Durka Durka Guest

welcome to my best friend who is engaged and breaks up with his fiancee every two weeks.

i'm seriously starting to get sick of hearing him tell me they're breaking up.

7. iceman1123

iceman1123 Guest

What was so disasterous about the last relationship? Chances are you still have strings leading back to it and all ties (either emotionally or otherwise) havent truly been cut, or you dont have any real closure).

The "being a player" thing sounds like me, I like the attention of goingout and flirting and being validated as an attractive person. If you were to seriously date this girl youd have to give all that up. That might seem a little scary, putting all your eggs in one basket and trusting her to be good to you.

If you were really badly hurt before, you might just be scared to admit that this girl IS the one for you and that its time for you to put yourself out on the line again. It seems like she already has......but you're afraid to walk out there with her.

8. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

I agree here, it sounds like you're still attached to the EX to be honest. You need to get over her it's been two years now? And if you can't handle compromises you need to just date and no relationships and ease into one you feel is right.