SRS She is always paranoid

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by audrey, Feb 3, 2006.

1. audrey

audrey New Member

I have been friends with Sally ever since we were very little. She has always been quite paranoid. But things are getting crazy. She is constantly worried that people are out to get her even her friends, family and her partner. She thinks her partner of almost 2 years doesn't really love her and is only going out with her for a joke. She sometimes questions our intentions and thinks we lie to her. It's like she makes up that crazy stories and convinced they are true but has nothing to back it up. Sometimes she rings us in tears about things and we can't see any reason for her to be upset let alone any reason for her to believe the things she does. We are getting very worried about and I am scared that maybe some sort of a mental illness is causing all of this. We don't want to mention this to her and freak out and I don't want to be over reacting... ahh what should I do? Sally has always been the younger minded one in the group and I feel we have all grown up and she is still a kid.

2. Jay Pheezy

Jay Pheezy New Member

How old is she? Curious to know if there's still room for her to grow mentally. If she's still a teen she might grow out of it with time. I don't know if this is treatable by advice.. because you can telll her no one's talking bad about her etc all you want but it probably wont work.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Stop being a victim of the paranoid!!!, that's what you have to tell her. There's nooo one gonna get at her, and tell her she needs to be able to devellope trust for at least some people. Not everyone is 'out' to get her, her lover isn't constantly thinking of dumping her ,and that she might as wel be afraid of her own shadow if she is constantly in fear, tell her that her fear is a unwarrented state of hell that she will remain to be in if she doesn't learn to trust in people. Being a little sceptical is a good thing, but she is over exaggerating it completely.

4. audrey

audrey New Member

That's what I am kinda worried about.

5. audrey

audrey New Member

She is 23 and the problem just seems to get worse.

6. Boogieman117

Boogieman117 PSN: Boogieman117

7. audrey

audrey New Member

I was with her today and she was happy and cheerful. Just like nothing happened. Maybe bi-polar?

8. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I would ask her what made her so cheerfull and happy that day, maby you can stimulate her to be happy and cheerfull by letting her do more of that. Also keep trying to convince her that no ones after her to try to tone down her paranoia, if that doesn't help significantly then she might need a counceller.

9. kustom play

kustom play New Member

im thinking bi-polar

paranoid people are for the most part paranoid all the time not just at points. One of my friends was paranoid all the time