GUN She cried rape — and no one helped

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by jehan60188, Apr 9, 2009.

1. jehan60188

jehan60188 New Member

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30105703/?GT1=43001
    show this story to all the antis in your life.
    only YOU are responsible for your safety.

2. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I'm not sure that preventing 1 woman from getting raped would be worth the thousands of deaths and blood literally flowing through the streets that would surely occur if NY loosened its extremely tight gun control.

3. This.

New York is is a refuge from crime in this sad day and age.

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

This has been established by the supreme court but, unfortunately, never gained public knowledge outside of the pro-gun community. Hopefully she will bring it to light despite her misfortune.

5. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

My CCW instructor (who happens to be the main firearms instructor for the Columbus PD, and Columbus SWAT) also informed us that he has absolutely no obligation to save our sorry asses.

Instead, he advised to get our CCW, gather as much training as possible, and to cover our own ass.

:love: that guy.

6. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:cool:

7. AustinL911

I learned all sorts of interesting information from him during our 2-day class.

Like:
    -roughly 80% of police are for CCW, because they know they can't be everywhere at once, and it makes their job easier. He said the other 20% usually includes the police chiefs, a few sissys, a few hardasses and other 'higher-ups' who are influenced by politics, and then get on TV and proclaim that the PDs are against it.

8. Sloi

Sloi Back up in your ass with the resurrection

Funny how the people against something are usually the most removed, like ivory tower intellectuals living in their own little world, oblivious to reality. In your case, they know full well that CCW would make people safer and help the police (in a manner of speaking), but it's not politically expedient, hence the differing opinions.

9. johan

johan Active Member

ya...

A person's prime motivation is usually to look after themselves, and their own security/position.

This includes people whose business is "public safety".

Bureaucrats rarely flourish and win promotions by bucking against policy and "going it alone/taking a stand".

Takes an outstanding and slightly bent person to hold up to the kind of scrutiny that brings.
    Just the opposite of being a good bureaucrat/civil servant and collecting that steady paycheck.

10. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Holy shit, I'm sorry that this had to happen to her. but WTF!!!

Look at her views!

How can she be mad at the MTA workers but not at the rapist?!?!? Look at her make excuses for the criminal. WTF$%$!%$!

11. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

Who was it?

12. xpinchx

xpinchx hes got a nice cock, on the thin side but its stil

It's all relative, it's not that she holds the criminal in such high regards, she just holds the MTA workers on much lower moral ground since they are functioning, reasoning people and did nothing.

13. johan

johan Active Member

The same story as told by the MTA worker:

"Unfortunately the man who assaulted her was obviously mentally ill, and psychotic. He probably had no basis of reality. He didn't have a conscience, and neither did that woman.
    She was a human being who expects to be called an capable, functioning, independent adult. But yet she did nothing to protect herself, and is instead blaming everyone but herself for that situation.

I'm supposed to go in there, and risk getting shot or stabbed, risk my life & limb, risk my employment, risk my children & family's livelihood for someone who goes around pointing fingers at everyone but herself.

Is it any wonder no one wants to get involved in her business.
    She's the type who after getting help, will turn around and sue your ass for not doing more, or sooner. No thanks lady.

Both you and that rapist are the kind of people no one wants around."

14. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:rolleyes:

15. AustinL911

John Holloway

16. GlobeGuy

GlobeGuy New Member

Really not worth helping someone at the capacity required in this situation in a blue state. The rapist will probably sue you for assult (most likely win) you go to jail, liberals label the rapist as mentally ill. He goes to a facility, does puzzles for 3 months and is out on the streets again.

God forbid, if you kill the rapist during the rescue. You will end up in jail for life, the woman you helped will blaspheme you in public because "murderers" are worse than rapists.

17. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

Oh, my cousin's grandpa used to do all the training, Larry Meade

18. P-chan

P-chan New Member

I was in the class with Austin - Holloway was great - knew his shit, and really made the class interesting and got into it quite a bit.

19. AustinL911

Doesn't ring a bell, however, I'm not in tight with any of CPD. I'm mostly going off what this guy was telling us. He might not be THE main guy, but he's one of them.

Here's a link to his info:
    http://yoursurvival.net/_wsn/page10.html

20. AustinL911

It doesn't say it in his profile, but didn't he say that he's the main guy training CPD and SWAT now?

21. P-chan

P-chan New Member

He's the main firearms instructor, yeah. The friend that I brought, his father in law is Columbus SWAT and knows Holloway pretty well. Remember the story he told about the officer who was about to get his ass beat by three bad guys because the bad guys knew the officer wouldn't do shit? And the other officer that got there got them to obey his command because they knew he would kill them - that's my buddy's father in law, Chuck. :cool: Last time I saw him at a family gathering, he had a select fire M4 in his trunk (he has to drive the SWAT car at all times (it's just a Ford Taurus with steelies :o )and be "ready to rock" as he puts it. :rofl:

22. AustinL911

Yea, I remember that story. As soon as he figures out when he's doing it, and pending that I have the time, I'd like to sign up for his advanced CCW class. I had a blast shooting on Sunday.

Fuck going to the range to shoot paper anymore.

23. 1979TA

1979TA OT Supporter

Well, Larry is well into his 70's, so he prob retired years before this guy started there :rofl:

24. Werm

Werm Guest

I agree, those people had no obligation to protect her. Would it have been the "right" thing to do as a fellow human? Yes... but they're not responsible for her. Police aren't reasonable to protect you either, just ask the supreme court.

Guess who is? Yourself. My guess is she tried to sue cause no one helped her. Sorry, you're out of luck. No one is obligated to help and lets continue to try to ban self protection devices like firearms. We can became like England where it's considered "vigilantism" to even fight back. Hell yea!

25. P-chan

P-chan New Member

I agree, I really liked the steel targets. Seems a little more "tactile" I guess to hear the PING! when you hit the target.