MMA Shawn Bias is in critical condition after altercation with cops

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Mejnoon, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Mejnoon

Mejnoon Active Member

2. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Fucking cops and their tasers. That shit has already killed so many people.

3. FloppyCock

FloppyCock New Member

Oroville is the meth capital of California, from what I hear.

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Running from the cops, resisting arrest, assaulting a police officer, and on drugs. He deserved it.

5. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Truth.

Better than shooting him?

I'm of the opinion that if a cop has to lay a hand on you in any physical manor, he should shoot your ass and be done with it.

6. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Thats ridiculous. Nobody deserves to die for "resisting arrest." Especially considering "resisting arrest" has been changed to "not following an officers orders." And it seems that lately its been popular for police to say a tazed suspect was resisting arrest, yet when the video comes out there is no indication of that.

7. Sylva

Sylva New Member

If he's telling you you're under arrest and you don't follow his verbal commands thats resisting arrest. You don't have to physically fight with him for it to be resisting.

Would you prefer they get in a fist fight, slam him on the ground, beat him with night sticks? What is the superior alternative?

In the end, people don't die directly from being tazed. Everything I have EVER read about someone dieing after being tased is b/c they were fucked up on some kind of drug. It's always complications from being tazed AND BEING ON ILLEGAL DRUGS AND RESISTING ARREST ETC.

8. Optamix

Optamix New Member

This is the truth.

If an officer told me to get on my knees and put my hands behind my back. I don't care if I'm guilty or not, I'm going to do it. He is NOT the person that is going to be able to let you off.

If an officer tells a suspect to turn around and put his hands behind his back and the suspect doesn't, then yes, he should get tazed.

If an officer tells a suspect to get out of a car(which is a weapon and a police friend of mine was killed when a suspect drug him down the road because they were fighting to get the kid(19 year old) out of the truck) and they don't, then yes, they should get tazed.

An officer should NEVER have to put his health at risk to put someone in cuffs.

If you're not guilty the judge will let you off and if the cop did something wrong in arresting you then the means to rectify the situation is through a court of law, not with fighting the officer. 99.999% of the time they are going to win and you will get beat, tazed, or shot.

I feel bad for his family, but not for him. He was fucked up on something and acted stupid,

9. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

I'm saying that a lot of cops are very trigger happy with that thing, and will escalate situations just so that they get a chance to use it. People have been tased on their own property for filming an illegal police officer search even though the officer told them they couldn't. They have been tazed for not getting their driver's license out fast enough.

Also, Dziekanski didn't have any drugs in his system, neither did that 16 year old kid who got tazed to death a few weeks back, yet they still died.

10. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Not many people who do what the cops tell them get tazed if you resist in anyway I have no sympathy for you.

Same applys for club bouncers when I worked clubs we used to give them a decent amount of time to comply with what we asked them to do if they didnt we did what needed to be done. Its their job let them do it.

11. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Although in his case he fucking deserved it

Whatever happened to cops actually having the balls to physically beat the shit out of somebody instead of being pussys and using tasers?

12. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Those are some pretty hefty claims, I'd like to actually see some proof to what you're saying. I guarntee there is more to the story than your 1 elludes too.

but back to, Proof of your claims?

In the end, you wouldn't get tased if you weren't resisting or breaking the law in the first place.

13. Sylva

Sylva New Member

Excessive force claims and political correctness.

Garbage, but thats what happened.

14. Exiled

Exiled New Member

i've seen numerous videos of cops just getting pissed off and using them. You can't even be a dick to a cop, that is good enough reason to get tased.

15. Optamix

Optamix New Member

What if the person they are trying to subdue has a knife, aids, needles, etc... I have some police friends and know how scared they are for it.

I recently got off for a 22 over ticket because I had my inside light on and hands on the wheel when the officier came to my car at night. He appreciated that and gave me a ticket for an expired inspection sticker instead. Shit like that is scary(walking up on a car at night that you can't see in). One of my dads friends was killed when he got shot in the chest point black walking up on someone he pulled over for speeding.

I wouldn't want to touch them either.

And there are always going to be incidents where cops abuse their power and they should be dealt with in a court of law(especially the incident with the kid getting tazed for filming).

No one has ever died from being tazed, only problems they already had. An officer can't be held responsible for that.

I've been hit 5 times by a 100,000 volt stun gun in 10 min(fucking around with friends). I'm just fine with no ill effects. And it sucks but its not the most painful thing in the world. I would MUCH rather get tazed then pepper spray(that shit SUCKS).

16. Antigeek

Antigeek Who Dat!

There was a female cop in New Orleans that got killed Monday. She got into an altercation with a suspect, he got her nightstick, beat her with it, took her gun and emptied the clip into her.

If she'd have tased him she'd be alive and it would have been a non-story.

17. Exiled

Exiled New Member

Yeah you're right, it's just some cops in those videos piss me off

18. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

Why are the cops getting pissed off though if you shut your mouth and do what they tell you they wouldnt be pissed off.

19. Optamix

Optamix New Member

I agree and I think they should be dealt with VERY harshly and an example made of them to keep it from happening again.

Now, I agree with the tazing of the student at the John Kerry speech(I think it was).

The officers asked him to leave.

He wanted to make a statement and not. He got tazed.

Sorry about it, should have done with they said. Granted, they shouldn't have demanded that he leave but thats a different argument all together.

Now how he should have handled it was leave, get a lawyer, and sue them for making him leave when they had no right too.

20. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

:werd: ive been tased a few times its painful but damn that pepper spray burns for hours :hs:

21. Optamix

Optamix New Member

And when you get in the shower to wash it off it becomes a gas chamber in there :(

22. Exiled

Exiled New Member

I've never been tased but i have been "Maced", and that was a baaaaad idea. I was hammered at a buddys house, took my shirt off, got maced.. he was all over my chest, neck, completely drenched my face and hair...

I was hammered and after the initial hour of misery I ended up sitting on the couch trying to sleep just on fire.. I woke up the next day, still burning... with a hangover.. I went home, took a shower and went through it all over again. I then went through that for 3 more days until it all went away.

Mace will stop fucking anyone, I dont give a shit who you are

23. Optamix

Optamix New Member

Pepper Spray felt the same way, I was under the impression that if I got sprayed but I could get my hands on you I could still hurt you.

I was wrong.

wtf. I was gonna post the youtube link of it but its surfblocked now.

I WAS JUST ON YOUTUBE!

24. Exiled

Exiled New Member

My buddys said mace was worse than pepper spray

I dont know how pepper spray is but the mace wasn't fun... my god..

25. Optamix

Optamix New Member

If its worse I don't want any of it.

pepper spray whipped my ass like a black kid.