shaved door handles yes or no ?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by flynfrog, Sep 22, 2002.

1. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

im planinn ing on doing alot of body work to my blazer this weinter shaving emblems power attana (sp) ressesed roll pans smoothie bummper grill ect but i was wondring if any one has shaved there door handles this truck will be a daily driver keep in mind

how relaible are they at opening the door i dont want to lock my self out

ive also seen where teh door ahndle is gone but the door will open wiht teh key how do they do that?

2. OneDollarBill

OneDollarBill OT Supporter

if you go with good selonoids (AUTOLOC) then you wont have any problems
    then hide a button under your blazer somewhere in case the battery on remote goes out (or you lose it)
    then run some battery cable to a spot where you can jump it off if battery goes dead (or you cant open door, which means you cant pop hood)

and to open with a key and no doorhandle.....
    go buy one of those simple looking file cabinet locks (good wuality one) and recess it in a little
    then hook the part that swing inside to the lever that unlatches the door

its not to hard to figure out what im talking about once you get the inside door panel off

3. Tx

Tx Guest

they open the foor with the key by having an electronic switch that is the key lock, that pops the cylinoid (sp)

4. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

also im having trouble finding roll pans for blazers i dotn think the ones for the s trucks work any one know of a place to get them

5. LOtown

LOtown Active Member

What year Blazer? I'm not sure about pre-95 Blazers, but I think they can use a S-10 roll pan. If you have a '95+ Blazer you are screwed. The only way to put a rollpan on a '95+ Blazer is to graft the bed corners off an S-10 onto the Blazer body... It looks sweet, but is a ton of metal work...

6. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

its a 92 the odd year the grill wasonly made for 2 years so a billet grill is even hard to find

7. Tx

Tx Guest

I like my trucks how I like my women, CLEAN SHAVEN'

8. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

[​IMG]going form this

[​IMG]to this give or take

9. Make sure when you install the solenoids/kit YOU GET A GOOD KIT, AND TAKE TIME TO INSTALL IT.

the asshole that shaved mine, hired out an electronics guy. he (as opposed to taskeing apart) RIPPED APART my interior, didnt take the dash apart, he just shoved wires under things, and overall did a shitty job, with shitty products. and as of now, my passenger side does not werk at all, and drivers side is dieing.

[​IMG]

EDIT: with the solenoids in place, i cant put the iterior door panels back on, now can i put the "handle covers" (the plastic part with the interior handle/lock) becuase the installer did a shitty job. bleh.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2002
  10. OneDollarBill

OneDollarBill OT Supporter

lesson learned = do your own work

just dont buy shAIM stuff and youll be fine

11. :werd:

12. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

user name nice color choice :p

13. thanks:big grin:

its a fade from dark purple to purple to blue, im actually thinking of painting it just a solid blue (the top color) and pearling it like it is now (purple, with blue flake)

14. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

mine will be the dark blue into purple for the flames then whiite for the body i need to find a bumper i like and a roll pan for blazer

i will also probay shave teh tail lights