Shave Help

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by bdiddy, Dec 18, 2007.

1. bdiddy

bdiddy New Member

I have sensitive skin and shaving with normal shave gel leaves my face really irritated and the shave isnt as close as it should be. What kind of shave cream/gel do you guys recommend? Should I try some pre-shave oil first?

2. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

3. charel

charel : explorer

i get that, so i started using an electric razor, not as close as a blade, but it does the job for everyday stuff.
    depends how meticulous you are about shaving, but if it's really an issue, try and find shaving cream/gel with tea tree oil in.

it's cooling and helps to stop everything going red and being a pain after you shave.

4. cedric

cedric I don't have a contract

I went to their store, took one look at the cost of their sets that include badger hair brushes and razors that use gillette cartridges which start at $250 and walked out :io:

Oliver shaves once every 3 months btw :hs:

5. Naturally Baked

Naturally Baked Active Member

ok this brought up a problem for me (sorry to thread hijak but i didnt want to make a new thread)

When I shave my chest it becomes VERY itchy, what am I doing wrong? I am getting a body groom for xmas so ill try that but when I used shaving cream and a razor my chest became very irritated...im afraid to do it down below the belt for that reason, instead I just trim with skizzors

6. w00tah

w00tah OT Supporter

moisturize and then baby powder :dunno:

7. dibalicious

dibalicious sexy crew

The problem probably isn't your gel, it's probably your razor. How many blades does your razor have? more is just going to irritate your skin. check out www.classicshaving.com and do a bit of reading

8. arabphil

arabphil New Member

i shave in the shower when i shave my face and body and feel like it makes a big dfference. The extra moisture and everything from the steam makes the skin softer to shave and ensures you have no drying out while ur shaving. I also put shaving cream on my face and body in the shower AFTER i shave because my shaving cream has aloe vera in it. I let it sit there while i shampoo my hair and then wash everything off all at one time.

9. johnny

johnny shit, baby

I can't use a razor at all during the winter. I have to use sensitive-skin gel with a wet-dry electric. It does a really, really great job.

10. energie

energie I like to place an order.. the name? Situation the

imo body groom sucks

id rather mach3 myself then have to use bodygroom its okay for trimming but hair gets caught im not hairy at all and would rather mach 3

11. mattz87

mattz87 Active Member

I've been very pleased with the Fusion sensitive skin gel. Seems to work best for me. I take a warm shower, then shave afterwords, running the shave blade in cold water after each stroke. Then I washed my face down in cold water afterwords, and moisturize.

12. Xicculus

Xicculus OT Supporter

I've been using Art of Shaving products for the last 6 years, they're expensive but it's my face and I'd rather spend discretionary income on products that keep it looking good than on other bullshit, and it lasts a good couple of months. I might go through two cans of shaving cream a year.

I shave with their badger brush (got it for about 90 bucks) and the Sandalwood shaving cream (I think it costs 25 bucks for a jar, and you only need to take a little pinch of it, put it on the top of the wet shaving brush, and lather) with the Gilette M3 Power razor, then finish it off with the Sandalwood aftershave balm. The shave is extremely close, feels great, looks great, and smells great.

Now if I could only find a reliably fog-proof mirror for my shower I'd be rocking :x:

Kiehls also makes some good shaving products.