sharing stuff thru external hard drive?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by babygodzilla, Jan 3, 2006.

1. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

ive got an external HD with lots of music and stuff, and i have em all nicely organized in Winamp library. if i bring my HD to another comp, what's the best way to share the stuff? id like my friend to be able to search through my collection and copy the stuff he wants, and not go thru each folder one by one. what app can search and copy from a collection?

2. pmccoy9

pmccoy9 Guest

yo

you can get a media router at like best buy and u can hook it up with the computer and you can get a small acess point on your friends comp. or you could just get 2 routers and hook up the external hd to one comp and share your files through a wireless network.(the media router lets you use all of the songs through any system in ur house

3. chips

chips ...

Just have windows Media player search the drive and it will do just like winamp

4. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

yea i can do that, but archiving 12000+ songs takes a while... moreover, after i archive the songs in a library, how do i easily copy the stuff from the external to the internal drive without having to go to each individual folder and copy pasting?

5. pmccoy9

pmccoy9 Guest

hey wat up

my way might not be tha cheapest but it will work

6. chips

chips ...

click and drag the root folder
    or if you have them in the main drive directory hold crtl and click each one then drag

7. babygodzilla

babygodzilla I love rice

that would also take a while... i wish winamp or wmp or something has a copy-paste feature... "Copy this song from A to B"