Sharing outlook address book?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by maniac, Aug 30, 2006.

1. maniac

maniac Guest

I have a small network set up in my office (2 computers). One of the problems is sharing contacts. What can I use to set up a database that we could both access to share contact information?

2. mdaniel

mdaniel S is for Shiksa

exchange server

3. Gimik

Gimik New Member

4. maniac

maniac Guest

How does Exchange server work? Do I need to have it online based or can I do it on my local network (I do not have a server, just 2 pc's networked).

5. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

an exchange server you would want to keep on your internal network, and have your outlook clients connect to it. Through there, you can let users share their calendars. You'll probably want to pay somebody to come in and setup Active Directory and the whole deal.

6. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

http://shareo.4team.biz/

I tried out the trial of it... worked nicely. I didnt end up keeping it around long enough to come across any major bugs, but it was nice while it lasted.

Not bad, for pretty cheap compared to the above mentioned Exchange, which sounds a little overkill for what you want/need.

7. Schproda

Schproda New Member

Exchange Server was a bonehead answer to your question. You have to get into Outlook and share the contact lists on all the computers you want to share. In Outlook 2003, right click on your contact list and go to properties. Click on the tab that says Administration and then make it available to other users.