sharing itunes to linux

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by lightsareout, Apr 8, 2009.

1. lightsareout

lightsareout New Member

I have all my music on my windows machine. Is there anyway to share my itunes with a linux client?

2. SW20 Nick

SW20 Nick my avatar is cuter than urz

where theres a will theres a way...

kind of OT but i know u can share an mp3 library on a linux machine to anything that runs itunes. I do the same on my linux box that i use for torrents/NAS

3. lightsareout

lightsareout New Member

My main computer with 2+ TB of storage is windows xp and then i have linux on one of my laptops. I've tried banshee and rhythmbox but i'm running into the problem with daap doesn't work with with itunes 7.0 or newer :squint:

4. SW20 Nick

SW20 Nick my avatar is cuter than urz

kind of backwards if u ask me? i store all my media on a sunfire v120 with 1tb of storage (via USB). I figured that id get something that no1 wrote virii or worms for... windows is so vulnerable and i know id cry if one day i woke up and 1tb of downloaded stuff was gone.

yes to the whole DAAP thing, but u can use itunes 7.0 to connect to a DAAP server...or u could convert ur windows server to linux and use banshee to share to every1.... it just seems so backwards for a linux client but windows server? ud figure ud just use linux on both if u could deal with linux for your personal productivity.

dont want to convert the windows box? get a POS box, linux it and attach the 2tb of storage via USB

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Upgrade your tracks to iTunes Plus, then convert them to mp3. You won't need to worry about how to share them that way.