TAT SF Bay Area Artists -- Reccomendations?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Pen Is Mightier, Aug 28, 2008.

1. I know there are some Bay Area people in here. I'm still working on a general design to give my artist but can anyone recommend a good shop or a specific artist that they have had personal experience with and can vouch for? Price is no issue I just want someone who will be friendly, set a good mood, make it an enjoyable process and of course, do a very good job with respect to quality and sticking to the plan.

I had cancer when I was a kid (12-14) and doctor's said I was 50/50 for living/dying and I lived. I am getting the date I received the call saying I was 100% clean next to my largest scar from an operation (on my back) and then something like this: (just the image itself, not the white shield around it)

[​IMG]

On the center of my upper back near my shoulders. (I'm 100% German, born there, and I just like the design and appreciate my heritage and the history of my parents and grand parents.

2. TWG

TWG New Member

tattoo city.

3. DaFreak963

DaFreak963 New Member

anyone at primal urge although they might be skulls and bones on 26th and cesar chavez. Yutaro Sakai did my whole right arm

4. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

:eek3:

You got work there? :h5:

Have you ever met Marcus?

5. So is this place called Primal Urge or Skulls & Bones? Is it two diferent places?

And Yutaro is an artist not a shop I assume... ?

6. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

He's an artist. Some of the most impacting current American artists work there. Most notably Grime and Marcus Pacheco.

It's a little strange because their website has the words "Primal Urge" in it but the home page says "Skull and Sword." :confused:

www.primalurgesf.com

7. monkeymunzey

monkeymunzey Guest

I just saw SF area....GRIME GRIME GRIME GRIME. Would wait forever for that guy...and probably would have to.

8. I'm gonna call around today/tomorrow to see if anyone has spots open in the next 2 weeks or so. I've made up my mind on what I want done so now it's just finding someone to do it.

9. I am meeting with some shops this week just to see what their shop is like (cleanliness, nice people, my style, etc.) so hopefully I find one I like and can set a date. I explained my design to someone on the phone and they said they wouldn't do it because it was "racist". :ugh: Close minded people are FTL.

10. I've also thought of getting this style instead of the one above, minus the Nazi symbol. [​IMG] I have contemplated maybe having the eagle flying the German flag but I think it might look tacky with the bird being all black and then the flag being colored.

11. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

I'd probably not mention the swastika and photoshop it out before you go in :hsugh:

12. ya i know lol. i already PS'd it out. :rofl:

13. DaFreak963

DaFreak963 New Member

Yeah I met most of the guys there. I also just found out one of my gfs friends might apprentice there, Dave. Hope he does it it a great shop.

14. eelliiss

eelliiss Active Member

Sweet. You're definitely in the presence of some artists who are even celebrities among other tattoo artists when you go there.

15. Shooting for this weekend/next week if they're not too busy. I went to some places today well actually a lot of places and some were like :ugh: dirty and the people working were not excited at all. I went to a few though I liked...very very clean and the artist sketched out what I wanted based off what I brought in and everything and we chatted for a while...seemed really cool. I have like an obssession over cleanliness so that is a big factor for me. I'm freakishly OCD about cleaning.

16. Should have it done and pics if I can find someone with a camera within 5 days. :naughty: I\'m so excited...can\'t wait to see it and start feelin the pain of joy.

17. subwoofer

subwoofer OT Supporter

Final Sin in pleasant hill is really good. heather worked on me but but Natasha over there does some awesome work as well

http://www.finalsin.com

look them up on yelp/myspace as well

18. ihaveanevilplan

ihaveanevilplan Everybody wake up, wake up, it's time to get down Moderator

i just made my appt with Nick Rodin from Black Heart Tattoo :noes:

19. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

:bowdown: I would love to get tattooed by any of the guys at Black Heart

20. el gayvo

el gayvo Active Member

Heather is going to do my next tattoo at final sin :noes:

21. subwoofer