Sex on Wheels...

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by mnewell, Sep 13, 2003.

1. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

MV Agusta F4 1000S

Yum.

2. rider

rider New Member

those sennas are beautiful... mmm...

3. SBandit4

SBandit4 If shit hits the fan, just make sure you have a go

Now, that is one sexy bike!!

4. Indy48

Indy48 Flying > *

One of my riding buddies has the 750 version.

5. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Does he ride it like it should be ridden or does he baby it?

6. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

ya das stimmt. :wiggle:

7. Indy48

Indy48 Flying > *

no, he actually rides it, although I have friends who call the bike "the slowest best looking bike out there."

8. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

Bimota is also back in business and I may be in the minority but I cannot be impressed by a $33,000USD bike thats not proportionally better than the current sub $10,000USD bikes from the Japanese that are dominating the world.

9. FryingPan

FryingPan Certified Thread Killer

10. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Proportionally better? Based on costs? Are you high?

So by your logic you would need to see something like this to buy the MV:

Jap Bike MV
    Top Speed 160mph 480mph
    1/4 Mile 10.5 sec 3.5 sec
    0-60 2.5 sec .83 sec

Is a Ferrari proportionally better (based on cost) than a Corvette? How about against a Honda? Or a Hyundai?

There's more to it than performance. Hence the title of this thread, "Sex on Wheels"

11. MWHC22

MWHC22 Bier/Deutsch/Homebrew/ Packers/Blackhawks/Outdoor

Yeah....ummmmm the MV will Not...I repeat...Will Not...go 480mphs.
    :slap: what are you smoking man?..are you high?

12. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

Nope, just realistic.

Yet these are PERFORMANCE bikes. The Bimota and MV are in NO way better performance wise and they are not substantially different in looks. There is absolutely no justification for their costs. They can't beat bikes costing a third of their new price and you could even find used Japanese bikes under $7000USD that can beat the Bimota or MV Agusta.

And, as for being "sex on wheels," its just a sport bike. Again, its not substantially different than any other sport bike on the market today. They are just overrated (just like a Ferrari or Lambo) status-mobiles by people who are easily impressed. Lets see MV win AMA, Superbike, hell....anything to back up its price. At least Ferrari races its cars and has a history of wins to prove itself. Just where is MV and Bimota's claim to fame? :rolleyes:

13. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

You are fucking retarded. While it is true that MV and Bimota do not currently run in AMA or MotoGP, they have a long and illustrious history in motorcycle racing. Read on and learn something.

MV Agusta Race History:

With the Bialbero, the ascent to the world speed titles, not neglecting the distance and regularity competitions. Among these, the 'six-days', in which MV won at least seven gold medals, all with standard production models; in the Milan-Taranto race in 1950, as well as in 1951 and 1952, they won easily, having most machines in the first ten, with record times. In 1950, after the victory in the Milan-Taranto, MV entered the Italian Speed Championships which they won with machines developed (modified, derived) from production models of the 125cc class.

In 1951 MV achieved 128 victories, among them the fatiguing 'Milan-Taranto' and from then until 1970, with the help of the best national and foreign drivers they attained, under the constant and inspiring guidance of Count Domenico and his brothers, 2895 victories of which 63 were World Championships.

In the meantime, MV won the 1957 long tour of Italy outright and in 1958, 1959 and 1960 it won easily in the various world championships and won titles in all four of the categories - 125cc, 250cc, 350cc and 500cc - in which it participated.

Why did you bring up Bimota? By doing so, you really show your ignorance on motorcycles. :slap: If you really want to know the storied racing history of Bimota, lemme know and I'll post.

While I love and appreciate Japanese motorcycles (I'm actually a Honda bike whore), I do know that there is more to life than performance numbers. Elitism and being different play a huge part in why people get things like a Ducati, Aprilia, MV, or any other limited manufacturer. Jap bikes are for the masses.

Face it. You know nothing. Go back to the playground little girl... :rolleyes:

14. mnewell

mnewell Lucy.

Go back and re-read what I wrote. Think about it and then post up. Remember to think about it before you post.

15. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

What have you done for me lately? Hey, you want to be impressed by a big sticker price, thats your preogative. However, not everyone is so easily impressed by a piece of paper. MV/Bimotoa have NOTHING out there competing to justify their high price or prestige. I am well aware of both company's histories (though I do not know every minuate detail nor do I care) and I am also aware that they are nothing special.

Real riders value performance, not the poser value it gives you. :jerkit:

16. flynfrog

flynfrog Cool isnt Cheap

but it has a nicer interior?

17. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

haha! Well said.:big grin: