Sex during period if shes on the pill?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by cruz610, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruz610

cruz610 New Member

Does anyone know what the chances are of getting pregnant if you have unprotected sex during her period (middle to late into it) but she has been taking her BC religiously? I have searched around, the only direct answer I have found was that during this time, if she has been taking it at the same time every day it is just as effective during her period as not.

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/0866.html

refer above...any other straight answers?

2. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

Why not just wear a condom and take the worry out of it?

But, yeah, it will be just as effective during this time, since the time she is on her period is after her fertile period, and unless information has changed, this is when she is least fertile, not impossible to get pregnant, but the chances are very low.

3. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

trufe

4. Ryuhei

Ryuhei Oh gawd

If she has been taking the pill religiously and continues to do so you are not having unprotected sex. You are having sex without a barrier contraceptive. Bone away, that's what the pill's for. Did I miss something?

5. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

Yea I must have missed something too... ??

It just amazes me how stupid people can be when it comes to simple things like BC or sex, and how lazy they are about finding out real information.

6. themacstallion

themacstallion The electric sheep are dreaming up your fate

fuckin :werd:

7. MUCandie04

MUCandie04 New Member

You are (or the female in your case) is most fertile 14 days before you period. There's a 5 day time span where the percentage of getting pregnant if higher. So basically, just don't have sex those 5 days OR use added protection (ie condom or spermacide) if you aren't that sure.

8. lauren

lauren Active Member

if she takes the pill like she should, you are covered all 30 days of the month, period or not.

9. MUCandie04

MUCandie04 New Member

yeah but there are certain times of the month where you are more fertile than others. so if they are that paranoid or worried, they should take other precautions during that period of time just in case.

10. RockChick

RockChick New Member

you don't need other protection when you are on the pill AND taking it regularly... fertility this and that, its simply bullshit.

may i ask why people do not ask their doctors or go to the pharmacy or read the fucking piece of paper thats coming with the pill???? is it that hard? if yes, dont have sex.

11. MUCandie04

MUCandie04 New Member

Okay, there ARE a number of days when the female body ovulates and this means that there IS a possibility to get pregnant, even IF you are on the pill. Birth control is NOT 100% full-proof (close but not completely) so there's ALWAYS a slim chance that you can. And on those days that you are ovulating, the slim chance gets even greater. Trust me, I've read the paper that comes with my pills up and down, forwards backwards and every which way. I've read a shitload of information on it too. I take Ortho Cyclen and there's a 5% failure rate for women when they don't take pills on time or if they smoke. There's a 1% failure rate for women who take their pill everyday, same time, who don't smoke. Yes, odds are in your favor, but you absolutely can't say there's not a chance.

12. lauren

lauren Active Member

do you understand how birth control pills work??????

13. RockChick

RockChick New Member

then you take the wrong pill, lol. 5% is baaad, why would you take that kinda pill when there is a shitload of other pills out there... with less than 5% failure rate?

seriously, those "days that you are ovulating" do not matter if you take your pill regularly. it does not make a difference... its even safe during the period and thats the time when you dont take the pill at all. sure there is that 1% but come on, why freak out about that lil piece of shit percentage?!?!? you probably read everything that is out there but still... its bullcrap.

14. MUCandie04

MUCandie04 New Member

You take the pill that is right for you. A gynecologist wouldn't have prescribed that pill to me if it didn't work. C'mon. And I'm not the one who is freaking out about anything. I have nothing to worry about. I'm just giving the person who is asking for advice my opinion.

15. Azn_azzho

Azn_azzho New Member

Werd! Like buying a new car not reading the owners manual, download the program not reading the help. People just want fast information, sometimes i'm like tha too :mamoru: so spare me when i ask :fawk:

16. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

there is a margin of error with every contraceptive method out there no matter what time of the month. the number one way not to get pregnant is to not have sex. yes, you are at risk EVERY time you have sex... no matter what bc you're on or if you're using a condom. i said AT RISK, therefore, the more preventative measures you use, the more likely you'll be safe.

practice safe sex all the time!

the question's been answered + there are many threads on this subject out there = thread lockage. please utilize the search function

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.