Sex Drive & BC pill v.I'mnotgettinganyanditmakesmecry

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Sexual Vanilla, Nov 28, 2006.

1. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

My girl has been on birth control for a long while now, at least 2 years. She takes them for a medical condition (cysts on her ovaries?).

Anyway, she doesn't have a sex drive. I mean nothing. At all. Whenever I want to have sex, it's almost a chore because I have to lube up every 5 minutes because of the lack of her natural lube. This has even affected my sex drive. :wtc:

I've heard that the pill can affect the sex drive of women, but how much of an effect does it really have? Any woman experienced this yourself? AND WHAT CAN BE DONE?!?!?!?!?!
    :wtc: :wtc: :wtc:

2. lauren

lauren Active Member

went on bc once, and didnt have sex for like two months. i wasnt aware of it at the time, it just sorta happend. talk to her?

3. Sexual Vanilla

So when you were on the pill were you never horny? Or just never had a desire to have sex?

4. ~QueenBee~

~QueenBee~ OT Supporter

hmmm I never used the pill, I was always on the needle (depoprevera) works like a charm.... I have a very high sex drive, so mine never made too much a difference. She can always talk to her doctor and they have alternatives and may be able to prescribe something to reduce the side effects?

5. JustaMeThang

JustaMeThang New Member

Ive been on the pill for about 10 yrs and I'm still a ranging nymph. Everyone woman reacts different to BC, perhaps a lower dose would be better for her. Have her talk her options over with the MD.

6. Sexual Vanilla

I've mentioned it to her several times. Her semi-annual appt. with the OBGYN is coming up and she's going to talk about it then. I just didn't realize it had that much of an effect.

Then again, maybe I'm just not attractive to her. :wtc::wtc::wtc:

7. erynne936

erynne936 my av is a car, but i'm a girl. stop calling me b OT Supporter

the pill always killed my sex drive, i tried all different kinds. supposedly it varies by person but i think a lot of women are just not that in touch with their bodies & don't even notice.

if she wants kids someday i have no advice, just keep trying different pills they say. i got my tubes tied.

8. lauren

lauren Active Member

one in the same? :dunno:

coulda been other things too. i was working two jobs then, and stressed. but, whatever it was, i didnt have the desire and i wasnt jerking off.

hit me like a load of bricks when he called me out on it...but i needed to be called out. something needed fixing. :embd:

9. Sexual Vanilla

Either way, this sucks. :wtc:

10. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I've been on BC for 6 years, and I probably have more of a sex drive than most guys. So it just depends on the girl. Good luck man

11. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

The first pill one of my exes went on killed her sex drive. Then she changed and it was back to normal.

I have a lot of research on this. I'll try to find it on my comp if you want. Some pills are known to increase sex drive a bit (I think it was Ortho Novum 7/7/7), and somewhere there's a chart of "are you having this problem? Then switch to this pill."

I also had the doses of each ingredient in each pill for comparison purposes.

12. Sexual Vanilla

Any research you have would be great!

13. mrs0323

mrs0323 New Member

My daughter's been on it for a few years. Hasn't killed her sex drive at all. She still goes after her fiance like a bitch in heat (takes after her momma!). Back centuries ago when I was on it, it didn't affect my sex drive at all, just my moods. I turned into a shrieking shrew, not pretty.

14. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I just realized, I have it on my old computer which for some reason won't connect to the internet. I'll see if I can put it on a disk or something and transfer it to my roommate's computer which connects to the internet just fine.

Give me a day or two because I'm not going to have time to do it tonight. But if I haven't posted it in a few days, please PM me and remind me.

Do you and your daughter talk openly about your sex drives? j/w.

Yeah, when my ex gf was on that first pill she was super-emotional.

15. Sexual Vanilla

Thanks for the advice thus far

16. Laser Red

Laser Red Slightly above average member

my g/f has the 3month shot and we have sex only on the weekends. it sucks. it makes her emotional sometimes and messes up her cycle.

17. Sephiroth

Sephiroth New Member

Coming from the background of being both a woman and a nursing student interested in womens' issues...

How old is your GF? Keep in mind, men and women experience sex drive differently depending on age. Women tend to peak around 27 or so. Men, it's around 17? So by your profile, if she's 21 or therabouts, this could just be perfectly normal for her.

Personally, I wasn't that into it when I was in my late teens/early twenties...didn't mean I wasn't into my partners at all, just that it wasn't physically there for me. Now that I'm older - 27, cough cough-- sex is the best it's ever been. Granted, it's not "brand-new relationship" sex (I don't think if you've been with your partner for several years that you ever get that same kinda spark back), but I'm sincerely enjoying it more than I did when I was a teenager.

Please keep in mind also, if she has a medical reason for taking the Pill other than the prevention of pregnancy, that's likely to interact w/her body's chemistry (e.g. willingness/desire).

This may be stating the obvious, but are there other things going on (relationship instability, family/money issues, etc.) that could be stressing her out? I've always found that if I felt frustrated or angry, with a partner, or just plain depressed, that it negatively impacted my desire for the other person. As in, killed it. So is there something in that regard you could work on? For me, once I felt better about those issues, I felt more interested.

Of course, you need to realize that the above query aside, this is not your fault. It isn't hers, either, but you must stop blaming yourself if you feel you've done everything possible to help her. I really hate to say this, being a woman myself, but there may come a point where, if you feel the lack of intimacy is driving you apart, there may be a time where you need to walk away. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for being supportive of your partner and her medical/emotional needs; just that you also need to look out for your own. If you're not getting what you need from an intimate relationship with someone you care about, it may be time to move on. Staying with her longer could actually be doing her a disservice.

I hope that doesn't happen, though. You seem very concerned about fixing things and honestly want to improve the circumstances. All I'm saying is be there for her, but remember, you have emotional needs too that shouldn't be neglected.

I hope you will be able to work it out together, and be stronger for it.

18. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

It killed mine and I didn't realize how much until I got OFF of it.

19. zooenthusiast

zooenthusiast New Member

yea it happened to me too. i would suggest making it more about her, but don't guilt her about it because that's the worst idea. just have 24 hours of foreplay, meaning starting with a wonderful day at the park or something like that.

20. Midgetized

Midgetized Don't mess with Douche Cat

:werd: BC sucks, no sex drive and more shitty moods FTL. I've tried pills, the ring and depo and they all did that to me.

21. mrs0323

mrs0323 New Member

Yes, we've always been very open with eachother regarding sex since she became sexually active. She feels comfortable coming to me with questions, concerns, etc. Although I gotta admit she told me something the other day that almost made me drop the phone!:rofl:

22. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

I finally got my computer connected to the internet. Here's all my research (from 2003). Some of it is in table form and it won't appear correctly here. Can I host a .doc file anywhere?

There are tables in it that show the different hormones in each pill. There is info about what hormones have what side effects. There is a section about "if you have x side effect, y is the reason, so change to z pill." And so on. I cut and pasted it into this field but it wouldn't format properly. I wouldn't mind hosting the .doc file somewhere because it's useful info.

Or, PM me your email address and I can mail it to you.

23. BuG vBi

BuG vBi New Member

Do tell. I want to drop my phone.

24. Left

Left Lakers Fan For Life!

Are we gonna get a copy of this report? :x:

25. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Yeah, I'll be back at my place tonight. You PMed me your email address so I'll send it to you.

If anyone else wants it, I need an email addy via PM. I would post it here but a lot of the data is in table form and it doesn't show up correctly on the forum.

edit - it shows up correctly (and in a table!) in the text box, but when I post it, all the formatting info is lost. Any idea how to get the table to carry over to the actual post?