Sex and Relationships?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SeaMack99, Sep 4, 2005.

1. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

How does this work?
    Lets say your in a relationship/marriage and the sex is bad, your always talking bout how you wish they would look a certain way or do certain thing in bed. But you genuinely love the person for who they are. What do you do?

But if you stay with a person cause the sex is great....your a bad person or people tell you that you need to move on and sex isnt everything.

I dont get it. If people say sex isnt everything why are so many people in one of these situations?

2. Cdubby

Cdubby Fresno State is fast and danger

marriage is a broken institution, sex is a huge problem in most relationships with no communication involved. either open the communication line and tell the person either you want more sex/ or if the sex is great speak or mind about what is going on.

i, for one, have written off marriage to never be a part of my life and it has freed me in so many aspects, i cant even began to explain. so even in relationships where sex is involved i have no problem breaking it off, good or bad.

3. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

While sex isn't everything, it is a huge part of a relationship. For many, I'd imagine itwould be hard to have a relationship that wasn't as truly intimate as they wanted it to be.

4. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

a relationship is only really useful if it satisfies needs that you can't fulfill on your own. true for business and personal relationships.

in a personal relationship you've got love, companionship, intimacy and sex. Ideally you want them all satisfied, how much of a tradeoff you're willing to make to get 2 or 3 out of 4 is up to you.

Personally if I was sexually frustrated in a relationship I'd definitely be questioning whether it was worth it. It's not everything.. I've always craved just having someone special and being close to them more than having sex. But bumping uglies is still a very important part of the relationship.

5. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Depends on what is important to you, but sex is almost always an integral part of a healthy relationship, ok who am I kidding its ALWAYS an integral part of a healthy love/romantic relationship.

If you feel you are not being satisfied then you have to communicate it in a subtle/polite and out going way to your partner, communication and compromise are the foundation of a good relationship and also a good sex-life.

If there is little communication and akwardness in your bedroom chances are its the same way in your relationship ( even if it doesn't seem that way, things are hidden and feelings unshared )

I suggest speaking, trying new things, making it fun for both of you, taking time away to relax and enjoy one anothers intellects/emotions and bodies ;)

Of course some people are more sexually compatible than others, this however doesn't mean that you can't "become" more compatible, because preferences and likes/dislikes are always changing over time. Depends on if the partners are willing to compromise to open their minds and learn to enjoy things new and possibly taboo to them. Chances are however if your incompatible in your sex lives your not fully compatible otherwise....

Sex is the bond your romantic relationship is based on, its ROOT, the connection and the force which drives creation.

6. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:werd: for the most part...

my ex married the girlfriend after me because she was the best he'd ever had. of course he "loved" her, but i'm willing to believe it was lust ;). welp... a couple years later, and they're divorced. sex is not everything. i believe it's important, but not the main component in a relationship.

if you're not being fully pleasured, tell the other person! you aren't going to expect any changes if you don't ask what you can do better. :dunno: i have pretty open lines with communication. i want to make sure that i please the guy that i'm with. criticism isn't bad, it's a fact of life. ;)

good luck :)

7. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

:werd:

P.S. :boink: chica ;)

8. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

:rofl: dork ;)

:naughty: i haven't talked to yoo in forever :wtc: miss ya! :wavey:

9. Kinks

Kinks Sup. OT Supporter

yeah AIM hasn't worked in ages so i gave up on it :(

would be good to catch up! I'll send you an email :big grin:

/thread derailment

10. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

I think its been said...

its all about communication.

Also, dont listen to what 'people' say, or what others say is right for your relationship (atleast in some ways...). Each relationship is going to be different, and each person is looking for something different in a relationship. Again thats why communication is key.