SRS Severe case of Seasonal Affective Disorder

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Deadhead9150, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

I've always had some trouble around the holidays because I'm really pretty much completely on my own. My father died when I was 10, and in march I finally decided to move out and since that time I've all but severed every tie I have with almost anyone. I was always kinda short on friends but they all look down on me because I didn't go to college (yet) and so I don't really talk to anyone anymore. Anway, earlier today it just felt like I smashed into a giant stone wall I went from feeling a little meh to probably the worst I've ever felt. It feels like all of a sudden nothing good will ever happen in my life. I don't know how I could go from feeling relatively fine to just feeling like I seriously want to kill myself. I've never felt this way before its like I'm high on misery and I'm just standing all alone in the rain looking at a path of broken dreams and all the good things that might have been. It sounds corny but its such an oppressively heavy burden I can honestly feel it wresting on my shoulders. I just want to curl up in a corner and die.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

:hug: Are you seeing a psychiatrist? SAD is not a joke. You need help and you possibly need medication.

3. Deadhead9150

Deadhead9150 Banned

No, and I've never actually seen one. My mom never really believed in seeing them so even after my father died, I've never really talked to anyone about it. It just makes me a little nervous because my aunt killed herself and had a history of being bi-polar. I also don't have health insurance because I work for myself.

4. Redbeard

Redbeard OT Supporter

County Health Services, go go go.

5. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You seriously need to be seeing someone for help.

6. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

I think I have SAD but i've never been to a doc about it. I go tanning in the winter, and the artificial sun makes me feel better. When I lived in florida I never had this prob. It sucks so bad. I just got a new promotion, and I have been doing awesome in school, but I just feel like absolute shit always.