Several short work outs throughout the day?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Xcessive, Feb 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xcessive

Xcessive New Member

I'll probably get flamed here for this question, but Ill take my chances.

Because of my job ( Railroad switchman) I have a hard time getting in a solid workout during my days at work. I can get in like 30 minutes here and there though + the actual physical aspect of my job as well ( running after a moving train, climbing up onto the cars, tying handbrakes, some heavy lifting to adjust knuckles, long ass walks inspecting a received train, blah blah blah). As far as work goes I'm constantly on the go as I just switch out rail yards= I don't spend much time on my ass.

ANYHOW, back to the question. IF I were to split my workouts through out the day like 20-30 minutes sessions 2 or 3 times a day would that be as effective as a solid 1 or 2 hour workout?

2. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

sounds a bit Xcessive

3. reminisce

reminisce OT Supporter

what about nights, mornings, and days off?

4. Xcessive

Xcessive New Member

Bad Pun. :fawk: :)

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

it might even be better

6. Xcessive

Xcessive New Member

Days off I've been working out at 10:30 and it's a solid workout. lets me get my morning run around things done and I don't work out on a full stomach.

Mornings/evenings are kind of killed for me. I wake up at 3:30. Head to work by 4:10, get there at 6:30 work a 10-12 hour day then another 2 hour drive home.

7. Xcessive

Xcessive New Member

If I have to, I guess I would find a gym close to my work and workout directly after work, but I already have a decent set up at home and would rather not spend the money of a gym membership

8. nrgyserboy

nrgyserboy New Member

That navy seal who runs super marathons and shit splits his routines 2-3 times a day. He rides a bike to work in the morning, works out at around lunch time, then rides his bike home from work at night and maybe even hit the gym up at night time if he has energy. Shit seems to work for him. I think his name was David Goggins or soemthing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.