Several Finder related questions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by kiLLj0y, Feb 8, 2007.

1. kiLLj0y

kiLLj0y New Member

1) I like all my folders to be shown in a list format, sorted by type... seems like whenever I set certain windows to be this way, closing them changes it, and I sure as hell don't want to manually change EVERY folder I open to look this way. Anything in Finder to do this that I haven't found yet?

2) When I download things from Unison, it uses crazy folder names, so I like to rename them. For example... a Deftones cd, I wanted to use the PAR2 filename as the directory name... In Windows, all I had to do what click on the file to rename it, highlight the text I wanted, and copy. Trying this in Finder has failed me so far. :(

3) How can I set file associations? Like .nfo to be opened by Textedit or whatever it's called, and PAR2 files to open with UnRarX. :hs:

If I can figure this out... and figure out how to tab out of WoW in full screen mode to checkk Thottbot, I will be set. :hs:

2. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

For the WoW thing pressing Command+M will make it run in window mode and then you can check from there (I think)

3. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

For #3 Ctrl click on whatever item you want to change and choose get info. Then click the arrow next to open with and then choose the program that you want to open the item with from the drop down box. Then if you want to do that for all items of that type just click the change all button.

4. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

For #1 I'm not really sure, mine save whatever view style I have them in.

5. kiLLj0y

kiLLj0y New Member

Looks like I got all these things figured out now. :) I was having some problems with the whole copy/paste thing, which is what was messing up my attempt to rename folders. :o Getting used to the whole apple key instead of the control key is taking me a bit.