WEB Setup a new site yesterday, need some help

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by MaK10, Aug 15, 2007.

1. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

So I started a new site yesterday, www.ibetyouwont.com it's a similar idea to the contest that was posted in the OT section a month or so ago with the mayo eating challenge. But these challenges won't be as possibly harmful to your body.

The first one i setup is "Melon Hat Your Pet" you know, that picture with the cat with the lime on it's head, well, do that to your pet. Only problem is I don't know how to generate interest in this haha, maybe it's just too stupid of an idea, but I think it would be funny as hell to see a bunch of pictures of pets with fruit on their head.

So I would start it off and put a watermelon or something on my dogs head, if i still had a dog :wtc: and I don't want to just post a contest in OT saying, Melon Hat your pet and win a prize, blah blah, cause if I don't post a picture first it'll probably just die off or turn into a giant flame thread...

So would anyone here be willing to help me out and put a melon hat on your pet and take a picture/video, it'll obviously be entered into the contest, and I could pay you like $5 a picture for the first 4 people that are willing to help me out. It's just so hard to generate interest without anything up there to begin with...

thanks in advance.

2. autox

autox OT Supporter

You probably would do alright with a facebook app with that idea, since that seems to be your target demographic

3. MaK10

MaK10 OT Supporter

wow, didn't even think of facebook. Normally when i think of advertising on social networks, i immediately think myspace.

Honestly though, I'm clueless when it comes to facebook apps...

4. autox

autox OT Supporter

you can get them developed quite cheap now. There are apps and groups on facebook just for finding developers.

5. pkr

pkr Guest

www.lightboxit.com

6. thomor25

thomor25 I make money online....

not a bad idea dude, good job