GUN setting up your range bag...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by you know me, Nov 21, 2009.

1. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

still a noob at this so what do you guys keep in your range bags? eyes/ears obviously, ammo....what else does wmd keep in there? help a noob out.

I'm thinking:
    eyes/ears
    ammo
    binoculars for checking where the rounds are hitting on paper (unless wmd has a better idea)
    targets
    staple gun
    staples
    member handbook
    ????

what do you guys think here...forgot to mention this is just for a trip to the range, not for matches

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  2. phrozenlikwid

phrozenlikwid New Member

Binos generally aren't going to have enough power to be able to resolve bullet holes in paper at any appreciable distance, and unless you are using a tripod they will be hard to steady. You are wanting a spotting scope here, though I've some target scopes that I use in a pinch.

I also like to bring some small tools that would allow me to do any adjustments, fix small shit if needed, and sometimes some spares.

Really it all just depends on where I'm going, and what I'm shooting. I keep it pretty light/simple if I'm going somewhere just to dick around. For any real shooting stuff, I bring a lot more. Wait until AB or Yar drop some pixels of their setup - I imagine they are carting all kinds of shit when they are going out to big $$ matches, but obviously their needs are different than many.

3. johnson

johnson New Member

The place I go to provides free targets, stand, spotting scope, eye and ear protection.

I usually just bring guns and ammo, electronic ear protection, and small screwdrivers for adjusting sights if needed that day. My range session is usually only an hour and I only shoot 1 gun and the other is just in case the first one screws up somehow. I don't keep track of round count for any of my stuff anymore because sometimes other people shoot it and I lose count.

4. For the range, I bring:

Ammo
    Magazines
    Eye/Ear Protection
    Screwdriver
    Allen Wrench
    Chamber Flag (required at local range)

5. fatmoocow

fatmoocow bored OT Supporter

duct tape
    tennis balls
    stick on targets