Setting up WMV9 HD WMV on an HDTV

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DeleriuM, May 28, 2004.

1. DeleriuM

DeleriuM New Member

I know this isnt exactly audio related, but its home theatre, so I figured this would be the best forum to go to..

I recently purchased a 50" Sony Wega Projection LCD. Gorgeous TV, HD looks amazing on it. Anyways, Ive been looking into HD DVD's... done some research and found that there is no standard yet for HD DVDs, so no DVDs support HD, even though many DVD players have the RGB outputs.

Anyways, yesterday off Amazon I bought an IMAX DVD, Coral Reef Adventure, which supports High Definition when you run it through Windows Media 9.

I was wondering about setting this up. I have a p4 2.4ghz, 512mb rdram, and a ATI Radeon 9700 Pro with DVI-I output. since my video ard regularly puts out at a 4:3 ratio, what display/resolution settings must I change and what should I change them to to work with my TV (widescreen, 16:9)?

thanks

2. 04

04 Guest

Not all Tv's can support the DVI interface to the computer. What you will probably need is powerstrip, and define a custom resolution of the native resolution of your LCD set.