Service Quality in Oregon

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dominion, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Dominion

Dominion I believe you have my stapler.

Wife and I are looking to move to Oregon (Specifically either the Portland or Corvallis area) and I'm looking for a good carrier in the area, I've looked at all the main carriers but all seem to have the same coverage of the corridor of portland and south but nothing on either side, a bit on the coast and the rest in ward.

Is there another carrier that I'm not really checking that is better, if not I'll just continue on with verizon wireless.

2. Freak

Freak New Member

If you're talking about cell phones, try Cricket. I'm sure you already tried T-Mobile... (5 minutes pass) ...and I'm drawing a blank on the other carriers.

3. daviid

daviid cell tower tech

crikit isnt really a nation wide carrier though, the southeast and buffalo rochestor ny region

4. k0in b4hd

k0in b4hd New Member

i had tmobile in corvallis. it was ok. i have verizon in portland. its way better. but only on major roads and in towns

5. Eticket109

Eticket109 Nibbles, chew through my ball sack. Moderator

T-Mobile does ok in Oregon but it's really just a tossup around here between the major carriers. I haven't heard about any one of them having any better coverage here then the others.

6. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

Sprint and US Cellular tie for best coverage in Southern Oregon. Cingular and T-Mobile tie for worse coverage. Interesting to note that Cingular recently launched a "fewest dropped calls" marketing campaign, but Consumer Reports' latest issue specifically states their findings are that Cingular is not even close to being the fewest. That is coupled with poor coverage. US Cellular has the worst customer service. Cingular and Sprint seem to do the best around here. Overall, I'd take Sprint (and do have Sprint).

For Portland, Sprint is also good. However, I'd probably go with Verizon.

Unfortunatly, we do not have Verizon in Southern Oregon.

7. Ronin

Ronin Guest

it depends on where you live, cingular gives me better coverage over sprint and verizon

8. callistorec

callistorec Point it at Jupiter

I've been using Verizon in Portland and Corvallis. Works in both areas well.