Service Menu Settings

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Dr. Mantis Toboggan, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Dr. Mantis Toboggan New Member

I know how to access the menu, but I don't want to touch anything because all I hear from searching on Google is "DO NOT TOUCH THESE UNLESS YOU'RE A PROFESSIONAL YOU CAN SCREW UP YOUR TV!" OK, I understand it.

Now is there any reputable websites with walkthroughs on this? Or preconfigured setups?

I have a Sony Bravia 32s3000 by the way if someone can help me find something more specific:)

2. cacique78

cacique78 Member

Leave it alone. Unless you know someone that knows what they are doing forget the whole thing.

It's the easiest way for your tv to end up in the trash outside or you having to pay money to fix something that you shouldn't have messed with in the first place.

The only thing I personally would go into that menu for is to see how much time has been logged in the set.

3. Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Dr. Mantis Toboggan New Member

And so then where do I learn to know what I am doing?

4. cacique78

cacique78 Member

Heed the advice and do not do anything on your own.

What exactly are you trying to do?
    Is there problem with the panel?

If it's out of curiosity or something is wrong with the set then either spend some time with a certified tv tech or get a job servicing tv's. Either of these will get you the information and the knowledge that you need in order to find what it is that you are looking for and tweak it.

If there is something wrong with the tv then do what I suggested above or find an authorized service center get it fixed and just be really nosy and you might learn a couple of things.

If there's nothing wrong with the tv then LEAVE IT ALONE!!!