server migration issue / permissions problem

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Leb_CRX, Apr 3, 2007.

1. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

k so we recently migrated from SBS(prod0) to full out 2k3 (prod1)...all seemed well, set it up as the domain controller, everything went smooth, used the microsoft tool, moved the profiles over, mailboxes, etc, all appears well

then some computers were having issues with the GPO, even with a gpupdate /force /sync /boot, whatever, nothing worked...slowly and slowly they started pointing to the new server (prod1)...it's been almost a month and 5 machines still haven't...so I decided enough's enough...prod0 is going down since I can see that connectivity still existed between these users and that server, i'll log in manually as the users and see if they figure it out or they take a fit

down it went, checked every user account, all are fine except for 1...

when I log in, says it can't the profile on the server, bla bla bla and that access is denied, then says can't find roming profile, it'll create one

tried it from another machine same thing

checked permissions on her profiles dir on the server, they seem right...

she's owner + has full access
    admin has full access
    IT Staff has full
    SYSTEM has full

once she logs in, she can't browse there \\prod1\profiles\$user...permission denied :wtf:?

I quadruple checked permissions, and nothing

so for shits and giggles, and testing, I added 'everyone' with full access...bam she's in and has access to her profile

I am at a loss as to why this is? I know it's a very general issue but I am hoping someone can help, or at least point me to hte possible solution...I don't want to leave it open to 'everyone' :o

2. gnp

gnp New Member

sounds like her sid might have changed, worst case you would have to re-join her to the domain...idk though

3. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

forgot to include it

I did that though :wtc: