MIL SERIUOS ? NEED SERIOUS ANSWER

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by repda916, Jul 21, 2008.

1. repda916

repda916 New Member

Basically i'm 16 and have been wanting to join the marines ever since Jr high.
    Im somewhat good with computers. like working on them and fixing problems that they always seem to have. Im going to be a senior this comming up school year and have enough credits to graduate early ( i will be 17 ). i was thinking of joining when i was 18 and using the summer to prepare my self physically and mentally.
    A lot of people that i know are joining the navy or air force. but for some reason i have always wanted to be part of the USMC family. now here is the problem. i dont know what to do, because of all the shit the world is going through right now and whats going to happen when we get a new president.
    this government is :noes:. SO would you say join the millitary or go to college and find a nice paying job?

2. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

don't join, if you have any doubt at all you'll just hate yourself. go to college, if you drop out of that then join the military.

3. Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander OT Supporter

:cool:

4. Naygrow

Naygrow .

college dropouts sign in

5. Cheerio

Cheerio New Member

i agree 100%. If you still have the urge after college it still might be an option. I joined ater 4 years of college and wish i didn't. But I still do my job 100% no matter what it is.

6. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

do rotc in college and if you think its not for you make sure you get out of rotc before you hit your junior year and you are free, if you like it you in with a commission.

7. c.a

c.a New Member

I'd say of my squadron over 50% have "some college"

8. TRN

TRN Well-Known Member

Seriously....take a step back and breath.

Things are what they are.

There are plenty of jobs you can do involving your interests.

9. JSin

JSin New Member

If you have any doubts you will regret it? Who joins the military without any doubts? I had doubts, went to college and got a job, then went in the military. I wish I would have gotten in earlier. I think that is faulty advice.

10. Twisted STi

Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

:wavey:

dropped out of two before I joined. well, got kicked out of the first and about killed myself during the second go around, but whos counting?

11. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

search the name "Accord" on OT.
    Buy the sub and search his posts.
    Better yet, just view my profile.

12. origin unknown

origin unknown OT Supporter

first find out why you want to join the USMC... im not going to try and tell you that the USMC is the most over-hyped over-rated service but you find things out in general about the military once your it is your life and not 30 seconds of commercials of wearing dress uniforms and doing 'cool' m14 rifle DNC... theres something for everyone in all the branches it is seriously what YOU make of it. In the end if you want to work on computers I would say go Air Force buddy... The marines don't gaurantee MOS's (jobs).

13. luke2o9

luke2o9 New Member

What do you mean the USMC doesn't guarantee MOS? I'd say 90 percent of the people I know got the MOS they asked for if they qualified. The other 10 percent usually came in with an open contract or rocked out of school before hitting the fleet.