MIL SERIUOS ? NEED SERIOUS ANSWER

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by repda916, Jul 21, 2008.

  1. repda916

    repda916 New Member

    Joined:
    May 13, 2007
    Messages:
    199
    Likes Received:
    0
    Basically i'm 16 and have been wanting to join the marines ever since Jr high.
    Im somewhat good with computers. like working on them and fixing problems that they always seem to have. Im going to be a senior this comming up school year and have enough credits to graduate early ( i will be 17 ). i was thinking of joining when i was 18 and using the summer to prepare my self physically and mentally.
    A lot of people that i know are joining the navy or air force. but for some reason i have always wanted to be part of the USMC family. now here is the problem. i dont know what to do, because of all the shit the world is going through right now and whats going to happen when we get a new president.
    this government is :noes:. SO would you say join the millitary or go to college and find a nice paying job?
     
  2. widds2v

    widds2v Active Member

    Joined:
    Jan 5, 2005
    Messages:
    18,051
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Coronado, CA
    don't join, if you have any doubt at all you'll just hate yourself. go to college, if you drop out of that then join the military.
     
  3. Cobra Commander

    Cobra Commander OT Supporter

    Joined:
    Feb 18, 2008
    Messages:
    20,930
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    UK
    :cool:
     
  4. Naygrow

    Naygrow .

    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2005
    Messages:
    367
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    ATL
    college dropouts sign in
     
  5. Cheerio

    Cheerio New Member

    Joined:
    May 19, 2008
    Messages:
    192
    Likes Received:
    0
    i agree 100%. If you still have the urge after college it still might be an option. I joined ater 4 years of college and wish i didn't. But I still do my job 100% no matter what it is.
     
  6. jmx2323

    jmx2323 OT Supporter

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2002
    Messages:
    53,459
    Likes Received:
    14
    Location:
    Centennial, CO
    do rotc in college and if you think its not for you make sure you get out of rotc before you hit your junior year and you are free, if you like it you in with a commission.
     
  7. c.a

    c.a New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2006
    Messages:
    1,117
    Likes Received:
    0

    I'd say of my squadron over 50% have "some college"
     
  8. TRN

    TRN Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2003
    Messages:
    55,113
    Likes Received:
    130
    Location:
    North East
    Seriously....take a step back and breath.

    Things are what they are.

    There are plenty of jobs you can do involving your interests.
     
  9. JSin

    JSin New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 6, 2005
    Messages:
    375
    Likes Received:
    0
    If you have any doubts you will regret it? Who joins the military without any doubts? I had doubts, went to college and got a job, then went in the military. I wish I would have gotten in earlier. I think that is faulty advice.
     
  10. Twisted STi

    Twisted STi All wheel or no wheel OT Supporter

    Joined:
    Dec 17, 2004
    Messages:
    12,254
    Likes Received:
    0
    :wavey:

    dropped out of two before I joined. well, got kicked out of the first and about killed myself during the second go around, but whos counting?
     
  11. Jyokker

    Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

    Joined:
    Nov 15, 2004
    Messages:
    12,760
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Panama City, FL
    search the name "Accord" on OT.
    Buy the sub and search his posts.
    Better yet, just view my profile.
     
  12. origin unknown

    origin unknown OT Supporter

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2006
    Messages:
    4,516
    Likes Received:
    0
    first find out why you want to join the USMC... im not going to try and tell you that the USMC is the most over-hyped over-rated service but you find things out in general about the military once your it is your life and not 30 seconds of commercials of wearing dress uniforms and doing 'cool' m14 rifle DNC... theres something for everyone in all the branches it is seriously what YOU make of it. In the end if you want to work on computers I would say go Air Force buddy... The marines don't gaurantee MOS's (jobs).
     
  13. luke2o9

    luke2o9 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2006
    Messages:
    72
    Likes Received:
    0
    What do you mean the USMC doesn't guarantee MOS? I'd say 90 percent of the people I know got the MOS they asked for if they qualified. The other 10 percent usually came in with an open contract or rocked out of school before hitting the fleet.
     

Share This Page