1. ok I have asked NUMEROUS people on photography forums about Ebay and buying cameras... some people say go for it and other are like fuck that hoopity hoop blah... I can get a 350D for SOOOO much cheaper on ebay then say B&H:ugh: I can even get a black 300D! what would you say about the whole thing? since OT consumes my life and all, what better place to ask right? I plan on buying from a reputable supplier with good feedback.

cheers,
    Ryan

2. Toogy

Toogy New Member

Just make sure to look at their selling history, if there history says that all they sold was knick knacks and then all of a sudden they are selling cameras and electronics, it may be a hi-jacked ebay account.
    Also if they request payment via western union money transfer, RUN LIKE HELL away it is 100% a scam.

PS, I bought a Canon 10D off ebay last year without any problems.

3. dtfromep

dtfromep New Member

Some of the places (the one selling for $959 or whatever) make you pay $50 shipping, 7.5% "insurance" fee AND give you a high pressure sales call before they will place the order - needless to say I cancelled my order with them.

I got my 350d from newegg for 958.00 and $0.99 shipping, it arrived in perfect condition, and works like a champ. I just won an auction for a 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 lens off of ebay, and it should arrive in the next few days. I will post some sample pics and condition of the lens when it arrives (got it for $150 cheaper than new, ~50%).

4. SpiderOnTheFloor

SpiderOnTheFloor New Member

5. yewa I always check the feedback to make sure it's all legit stuff, and I always try to buy from people (for this kinda thing) with more than a few thousand feedback

do you know of any online stores I can get one in black also? to compare to ebay that ISNT B&H?

6. Mike4831

Mike4831 “Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’l

There are some camera sellers on there with like 85k positive feedbacks.

7. sony

sony Active Member

fixed.. and :werd: mother fucker :o

8. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

I've had over 100 transactions on ebay since '98, never been ripped off once.

9. sony

sony Active Member

A lot of people can't figure it out. :o