GUN Serious question about Glock KB's

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Accord, Mar 14, 2006.

1. Accord

Accord New Member

When a Glock goes KB, what exactly happens? is the KB bad enough to injure the shooter? Does the slide fly back off the gun at a ridiculous amount of speed and hit the shooter? Is there a physical minor explosion that occurs in your hands? Can you lose your hands/fingers, your eyesight, or even your life?

I'm asking this as a serious question, not just another joke thread about Glock's going KB.

2. Dsking85

Dsking85 New Member

i've heard it's from not having the case supported correctly in the chamber, so that the weak spot on the case is exposed. from the pics i've seen, it looks like it could be pretty bad on the hands and the eyes. i dunno if it's likely to cause someone to die though.

3. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

From all of the KB's pistols (not just Glocks) I've seen, usually the frame is deformed or cracked, the barrel is split/ruptured, and the slide is bent and bulged just forward of the ejection port. It rare that I've ever really seen anything that looks "blown to pieces". I'm sure if you're unlucky you could take some small shrapnel to the eyes, but that is why you should always have on protective eyewear regardless of what your shooting.

5. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

beer slayer on arfcom almost got hit in the head with the bolt when his keltec 223 kaboomed :eek3: Never heard of the slide flying off and hitting the shooter on a glock though

6. sprite

sprite Active Member

Yeah, I wasn't going to count that one since that is a rifle caliber "pistol".

7. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

I think the frame/slide don't blow apart but the frame does crack and you can get burns from the gas escaping.

Here are some pics I found for Krott's birthday of glock kbs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]