Serious problem with Word 2007

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by joato, Dec 4, 2007.

1. joato

joato GTO Cr00

Hey guys, i have vista on my laptop with word. i had to write a paper so i started it on my desktop then emailed it to myself so i could write the rest of it on my laptop.

once i finished the paper i went to click save as and when i was saving it i was talking to someone, so i wasn't really paying attention to what the boxes were saying, just clicking yes. once the file was closed i went back to see if i could find it and its no where to be found. not even in recent documents or ANYTHING :wtc:

on a side note, i clicked open file with...(word 07) instead of saving to the desktop in the beginning (which i was retarded for not doing in the first place)

am i screwed? i thought word 2007 was supposed to auto save every 10 mins. any help would be greatly appreciated :sadwavey:

2. dissonance

dissonance reset OT Supporter

just the obvious ones...
    -Try doing 'save as' again and see what directory it starts you in and try and trace your possible steps if you went to another directory

-Do a search for the document if you remember the name you gave it

As far as I know, the auto-save feature is more incase word fucks up or your machine shuts off with it open it will automatically bring it up when you start word/computer back up.

3. noon

noon get high and teach me how to listen

look in my documents...did you search your laptop for the filename?

4. joato

joato GTO Cr00

yeah i did those things. its gone i've been looking for well over a hour. thanks guys, ill just start over :(