Serious problem with muscle mass

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Insominac, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Insominac

Insominac New Member

I got a job with UPS in November, since i have been working 5 days a week loading semi-tailers with boxes ranging from 3-150lbs, loading about 1500 per day, avg. about 45 lbs per package. Problem! i have recieved numerous comments from women and my roomates about me loosing weight in my arms and chest, but Im about to same weight give or take a few lbs. What can i do to rebuild the mass in me chest and arms/ prevent it from declining anymore?

Cliffs: Working as a Loader at UPS has caused me to loose muscle mass in my chest and arms, what can i do to prevent this? Also i only eat about once a day, college diet...

2. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

That is the foundation, livelihood, and climax of every problem you're having trying to maintain or gain muscle mass. You work 5 hours a day loading shit all day long on a huge caloric deficit and it never occurred to you that this could be the culprit of your problem?

3. Insominac

Insominac New Member

Well i dont exactly get hungry alot...plus with my schedule, its hard to find some time to get a good solid meal.

4. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

Doesn't matter. If you want muscle mass, learn to eat.
    I could go into a long lecture about the science of it all but it's not even worth it.

For your purposes, eat more or lose muscle mass. The choice is yours. You don't need a solid meal, if you're eating once a day, ANYTHING is better than nothing. Learn to get hungry, and get creative with cheap ways to eat on the go.

5. mandrew

mandrew New Member

a large portion of people here go to school for 16+ units, work throughout the week, maintain relationships, etc... yet they find time to eat regularly. You can do it, I believe in you.

6. Cicada

Cicada OT Supporter

uhm...i'm no expert...nor am i extremely fit...but i'd ssay you gotta EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT

bring snacks to work. wtf? take a break and have a can of tuna or a cup o noodles or some shit :hsugh: when i was in college i didnt even have a job that required me to lift shit and most of the day between classes i was jsut playing computer games...i lost a lot of weight because all i ate was ramen and evne then only once or twice a day. I can only imagine what your body is doing when you work it like that on top of only eating once a day... :hs:

7. Excelesor

Excelesor Active Member

Just bring protein bars and banana to work and scarf them down during your 5 mins break... Doesn't take that long to eat, shoot I eat them while I drive...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.