Serious problem with BCAAs

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by White_Hype, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. White_Hype

White_Hype Guest

I just started using them (I take 10g's pre cardio). I put the powder in some water, stir it with a fork just like my protein powder and drink it... however the fucking powder doesnt mix at all! It just remains in fucking powder form and is very hard to drink

does this happen to anyone else? if so what do you do? it is annoying as fuck b/c I have a bad gag reflex (it has gotten a lot better over time) and when I do it first thing in the morning... it's even worse

2. Damnation

Damnation OT Supporter

it's hydrophobic...so it's not gonna mix well dude.

use a blender

3. deuceforty

deuceforty between rupture and rapture

here is what i do, i originally had the same problem

use like a powerade bottle or something, pour hot water into it, pour your BCAA powder in (i mix 20gs) seal the bottle, shake the fuck out of it, everything will dissapear, put it into the fridge and cool it down, mix your protein shake with the water

4. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

Do you guys suggest taking BCAA's prior to a workout, or directly after your workout? I ended up buying some BCAA's yesterday. I'm taking one spoonful of liquid in the am, and two spoonfuls after my workout.

5. MaineSucks

MaineSucks OT Supporter

I sip them during my workout.

As for the mixing problem, put your scoops in a water bottle. Shake like hell, let it sit for a couple minutes, then shake again. Should mix fine by then.

6. jshively

jshively OT Supporter

second the warmer water approach. I normally just use the regular setting on my sink and it works fine if I mix it with water out of the fridge I am shaking forever.

7. 2000GT

2000GT Active Member

Do BCAA's go "off" after time? Sometimes I find that its easier to shake a gatorade/bcaa shake at work before I leave for the gym - usually about an hour between the shake and the beginning of the workout.
    The bottle doesnt have mention of preservatives on it.

8. kamiraa

kamiraa OT Supporter

This is what I do bro, it works perfectly. Put in a mixer bottle. Shake the shit outa it. Throw it in the freezer for like 10 minutes while you get ready and shit. Pull it out, it will have completly mixed. Shake for 5 seconds. Its 100% mixed now. Your done, drink it and enjoy a ice cold drink.

It all settles to the top in a foam right away, just throw it in the freezer and let it naturally break down and become uniform in the water. Hope that works for ya :h5:

9. White_Hype

White_Hype Guest

alright thx bros... i just hope letting it sit for so long doesnt denaturalize the bcaa's :noes:

10. 94civicEX

94civicEX New Member

I noticed that if I didn't use cold water they dissolved a lot better also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.