SRS serious mood swings

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by MudRacer4x4, Jul 28, 2007.

1. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

I'm 20 now and I have serious mood swings.

For the most part i'm depressed and have been for a long time but what i notice now is that one day i can be really happy and get super motivated. Like last night i was thinking i could get three part time jobs to make good money but then this morning and tonight i'm like suicidal. this happens to me all the time. Sometimes i feel great and other times i feel like i dont want to live.

i asked my doctor if i was bi polar and he said probably not and put me on prozac for depression.

I was on resprol for a while but it made me gain weight so i stopped but it helped alittle bit.

any suggestions on what i should do. Its really starting to ruin my life

2. El Frito Bandito

El Frito Bandito Active Member

Dude...I'm experiencing similar troubles... You need to seek help beyond your primary care doctor. They are not trained to deal with what we are going through. I just made a post after yours about it...

3. El Frito Bandito

it also seems like he is misdiagnosing you with the depression and by giving you the pills he may have intensified the effects or the drugs are just doing nothing...just a thought and even more the reason to seek more qualified help....i'm not a doctor or anything (obviously) but im just trying to help

4. MudRacer4x4

MudRacer4x4 New Member

hes a psychiatrist and thanks for ur input

5. El Frito Bandito

no problem man...I hope things get better...just go talk to him and say things still aren't working out...

6. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

I know exactly what you feel when you say that. It's like you wake up and have to start all over again to feel ok. You're not alone. A friend of mine who suffers from depression has this happen to him.

edit: I also suggest going to see an actual therapist / psychiatrist.

7. whatever

whatever OT Supporter

im no doctor by ANY means but heres my thoughts.
    Sounds like bi-polar with rapid cycling. from highes that are way high to lows that are rock bottom in seemenly a flash. I've read a little bit that without truely looking into whats going on, just prescribing meds can make it worse.
    :hsd: theres 2 primary meds used to control it...

8. Speed_Demon1965

Speed_Demon1965 New Member

I have started to notice that I feel the same way sometimes. Some days I will wake up and feel like doing things and I actually feel pretty decent. Other days, the day will start off fine and slowly or rapidly decline, but usually because someone will say something or something will happen. And sometimes I feel like shit the whole day.

Just tell your doctor what you tell us. He will do what he can to set you on the right track.