Sentra SE-R Spec V Owners

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by freshie, Dec 26, 2006.

1. freshie

freshie New Member

Hey!

I'm in the midst of getting rid of my dealer f'd up 04 mazda 3. I found a 03 sentra se-r spec-v in red, with almost 28k miles near me for around 12,900.

Can anyone tell me of any problems or such they have had with their sentra? I've heard of all types of things such as problem with the intake butterfly screws(http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=89244) and was just curious if anyone else has had any other problems come up i can address before i purchase the car?

Also as owners, after having it awhile have you had any regrets? My mazda3 has been a headache since i got it, e-brake broke 2 times(one time sent it rolling into a tree causing 6k in damage to the rear) and the last problem was dealer never put oil back in it so i burned out a rod bearing(knocks but still no CEL)

Thanks guys!

2. torque_nut

torque_nut New Member

bad oil burning problems, crappy maf's, oh yeah and little response to n/a mods. you're better off getting another car. unless you get a turbo kit once you get a spec v. then it's a keeper.

3. Vicious-S

Vicious-S New Member

torque steer ftl.

i think there are better cars for the money... but i didn't buy it, my gf did haha

4. torque_nut

torque_nut New Member

and broken motor mounts ftl too!!

5. freshie

freshie New Member

[​IMG]

but its so pretty, now are these common problems, or just ones you guys have had. I had a 97 sentra gxe as my first car so many years ago, and no matter how much i beat the balls out of it it still lasted, till i slid on ice into a car on my road

[​IMG]

and im out of my car lingo talk, what is the maf again? and as far as n/a mods all im thinking is just I/H/E, i had a civic as my last car, and while it was very nice, it got too costly after awhile, especially after i swapped a new motor in and slid on ice into a boulder 3 months later.

http://members.cardomain.com/msilage

6. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

MAF= Mass Air Flow meter

7. freshie

freshie New Member

ok, so if what the guy above says and it has a crappy maf, what would that do?

8. speedinracer

speedinracer New Member

it measures the airflow going through your intake but it is really weak and ridiclously sensitive. not to mention they are like 500 to replace

9. torque_nut

torque_nut New Member

not but the head gasket also goes out and your car drinks oil like gasoline lol. Oh yeah I forgot to mention the infamous 3rd gear grind. the specs have shitty transmissions too

10. STiYLIN

STiYLIN New Member

I had one. It handles ok, and had moderate power. But if you want to upgrade the ceiling is low and aftermakret support is pretty poor. Lots have cats fail and chuncks go into the motor. Also a lot of people have butterfly valves come off and they get sucked into the motor too. I guess there was a shortage of locktite att he Mexico plant that yer ;) I would get something differnt if you ask me, I sold mine 6 months after purchasing. Went Subaru and never regretted it.

11. FadedCamo

FadedCamo New Member

:bowdown: Im still driving my 97 sentra. Nice little car, no major problems other than an oil leak when I got it. Wish it was stick, though. :wtc:

12. Original

Original OT Supporter

I was so close to getting an 02 SE-R Spec V.. but it had close to 80,000mi on it and didn't wanna risk it.

The only things I've heard were the butterfly valves and precat issues. As long as you get them fixed under recall or warranty, you should be good to go (or so I was told) :o

The 04's on up look like poop as well, though I think they fixed most of the problems :hsd:

13. Donlanci

Donlanci New Member

:greddy: shut up and go play with your logitec

14. Cyrus The Virus

Cyrus The Virus Sha-Sha-Sha-Shiba

Lets see:

2nd motor
    2nd tranny
    Only 1 out of 9 speakers still works
    TPS died - had to get towed
    MAF died - had to get towed
    Driver's side Power Window motor died

After all that though, I've owned it since Sept. 2001 and I've enjoyed it. I modded the crap out of it for the first couple years. Its a very quick car, but not a fast car. I still love 2nd and 3rd gear in this car when I run all the way through.

I'm selling her this spring. :wtc:

15. thoughtshewas18

thoughtshewas18 OT Supporter

any altima SE-R ppl here? im interested in one or a Z but I cant make up my mind!!

16. thoughtshewas18

thoughtshewas18 OT Supporter

im a proud ex-maxima owner..