Sennheiser HD 212Pro question

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateralus, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I just bought them, and so far they sound great. I have them plugged directly into the line out on my sound card (on board) and at higher volumes or if i try to set the EQ on Winamp I notice they start to make cracking noises. What could be causing this?

2. 04

04 Guest

Sounds to me like the soundcard doesnt have enough output power :hs:

You might want to invest in an aftermarket sound card. I highly reccomend the Chaintech av-710. You can get it for less than 25 dollars if you look around.

3. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I was planning on picking a aftermarket one up eventually, I just didn't see the point of having all the 5.1 bs cause I'll never have my computer hooked up into a setup like that I just wanted to be able to hook it up through my shelf system or headphones. I'll check that out though, thanks.

4. John

John Guest

second rec for the chaintech... I got it from newegg for like 24

its a 7.1 card :eek3:

5. 04

04 Guest

Well if you enable the high sample rate mode anyways, you only get two channels from the chaintech card :)

6. StealthMode

StealthMode Active Member

I have the same headphones plugged into my Audigy2 ZS Plat. Just got these today, I love these things. They sound great, and are very comfortable. I can actually wear these...

7. midnite

midnite OT Supporter

I get that crackling too on my headphones and stereo. I have a relatively cheap JVC boombox and i wonder if the sound card could be the problem as im just using on board sound.