COMIC Senko no Night Raid

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by PanzerAce, Apr 9, 2010.

1. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

Interesting first ep, probably going to keep watching it.

2. foo82

foo82 New Member

Probably not going to watch it. Knowing the atrocities the Japanese committed in World War 2, I'm not too particularly interested in watching about some agents that infiltrate china within to lead to massacre/rape of hundreds of thousands of people.

It's as if Germany made a movie glorifying what the Nazis did by ignoring the bad stuff and focusing on the improvements Hitler made within Germany.

As if it wasn't bad enough, Japan denies any of this stuff ever happened.

3. striderex

striderex New Member

lol are you serious? its only a show, lighten up

4. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

So why watch any anime/manga then?

5. foo82

foo82 New Member

What does that have to do with anything? I just don't like them glorifying what they did leading up to ww2. I don't hate or resent the japanese. I just don't like them glossing over the atrocities they commited by making the people who took part in China to be superheroes. Everyone has touchy subjects and for me, this is one of them. Canaan took place in China, and that didn't bother me, neither did Code Geass (which includes chinese in the war along with Japan).

Now if they did what Germany did and expose the truth as well as issued a formal apology, then it wouldn't even matter, but in Japans case, some politicians even denied such atrocities occured (like the Holocaust deniers). Hell Koizumi even visited the graves of war criminals. Can you imagine the outrage if Germany's top politicians visited Hitler's grave?

6. Fotenks

Fotenks New Member

I agree with this, one of my biggest problems with Japan, they totally deny any wrongdoing in China during WW2.

7. foo82

foo82 New Member

I'll only consider watching this if they don't portray Japan in a good light. To do otherwise would be simply infuriating and insulting. Right now it's fairly unsure what stance they are going to take, but if they come up with some bullshit that these Japanese were heroes trying to liberate the Chinese people, then I'll be incredibly pissed.

For those that don't know why I would be pissed if they portrayed the japanese in a positive light, then read these accounts from foreigners in Nanking at the time.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010