Sending music to other computers?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mds2004, Jul 8, 2008.

1. mds2004

mds2004 OT Supporter

How do I send/receive music to and from other computers? Thing is I want some music from my brother's computer and I also want to send some to my friend's computer. All of us are using OSX leopard 10.5.4

Right now all of my music is in my itunes folder and I cannot figure out to to make it a shared folder like you do in Windows. I also know that I cannot exchange music via itunes.

I dont really feel like burning tons of mp3 cds and uploading them to the other computers :/

2. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Goto the iTunes preferences and click the Sharing tab. Make sure the box is checked to "Look for shared libraries" and check the box to "Share my library on my local network" and click OK. You should now see the name of the shared computer appear in the iTunes sidebar above where your playlists are listed. You can rename the shared library if you like in the Sharing pref too.

3. Morpheus647

Morpheus647 New Member

This will let you listen to it on another computer, but it wont actually be stored on the other computer, you need to get a third party program if you want to save music from the shared list to the harddrive.