Sending Distribution Groups from an Exchange client to a POP3 client... Should be EZ!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by illmatix, Apr 26, 2004.

1. illmatix

illmatix Diamond Studded Member OT Supporter

Hi guys, just FYI I'm using MS Outlook 2002 and 2003 almost Exclusively. What I'm trying to do is this... I have a user inside my network who has compiled several distribution lists based on addresses we have stored in our Global Address List and elsewhere. What we want to do is to create several distribution lists which will have the email addresses of several of our internal Exchange users and users on other (POP3, Exchange, Lotus, etc.) systems. Then, we want to be able to email that distribution list to someone outside the system downloading their email via POP3 and have them add it to their contact list so they can use the group to email reports to a specific group of people that my users inside the network can create. I want the whole process to be simple and intuitive so that even the most computer illiterate person out there can pull it off. I was simply attaching the created distribution list directly to the email and sending it to the POP3 user, but it isn't useable (I assume because they don't already have the defined users in their contact list. What's the best way to pull this off?