GUN Senator Webb Aide Arrested for Gun Possession

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by t1h, Mar 27, 2007.

1. t1h

t1h Guest

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8O44EEG0&show_article=1

Webb Aide Arrested for Gun Possession
    Mar 26 06:19 PM US/Eastern

WASHINGTON (AP) - An aide to Sen. Jim Webb was arrested Monday when he entered a Senate office building with a loaded pistol belonging to the senator.

Capitol Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider said the aide was charged with carrying a pistol without a license and possessing an unregistered firearm and unregistered ammunition.

The office of Webb, D-Va., identified the aide as Phillip Thompson and said he was "a former Marine, a long-term friend and trusted employee of the senator."

A congressional official briefed on the incident said Webb gave the gun to Thompson when the assistant drove him to an airport earlier in the day. Thompson, upon entering the Senate building, forgot he was carrying the weapon.

"To our knowledge, this incident was an oversight," Webb's office said in a statement. It said it had no other details.

The weapon was revealed when the aide went through an X-ray machine at an entrance of the Russell Senate Office Building, Schneider said. She said the man had a loaded pistol with two additional loaded magazines.

so many things :hsugh: with this news story. How do you forget you are carrying a loaded handgun? Also, in DC you have to register hand guns and ammunition?

2. Aequitas

Aequitas If it keeps on raining, levee's going to break.

It's to protect themselves from all the constituents that are too dumb to understand sensible legislation.:jerkit:

3. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

as the crazy guy in that annoying video would say "CRACKHEAD"

4. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

unregistered ammo? :wtf: is wrong with people

5. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

unregistered ammunition :noes:

6. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:rofl: @ unregistered ammunition

7. 4fifths

4fifths God of Bartons

Xray? Must've been in his bag.

8. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

I was thinking it could have been in a bag that the Senator handed him at the airport. The aide may not have even looked in the bag, or completely forgot. Being a former Marine, I suspect he didn't know.

9. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

That is a fucked up version of the story. They said Sen. Webb has a CCW permit and when he got to the airport he gave his gun to one of his helpers. His gun ended up in the briefcase of his aide,... and thats how the story went on FOX News.

Unregistered ammo? WTF.

10. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

I would assume Webb gave him the bag and he forgot to tell him it was in it. The aide wouldn't be that fucking stupid to do something like try and sneak an handgun into the building.

Webb should introduce a bill to overturn the DC gun ban, since congress still has oversight over DC :mamoru:. annoyed me when Webb states he needs to be able to defend himself when no one else can.

11. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Yeah, I'm getting a real 'sanctimonious prick who talks out of both sides of his ass' vibe from this jerkoff. I'll bet he lets his aide take the rap for this shit, while he pretends to care.