GUN Sen. George Allen (R-VA) on the AWB

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ichabod Crane, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

Emphasis added.

2. Letifo

Letifo Moderator

nice.

3. GunShow

GunShow You had best unfuck yourself

God bless our senators that are actually listening to their constituents.

4. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

:eek3:

A logical politician? :eek:

5. Aero277

Aero277 OT Supporter

Sweet, I read an article in a mag today in English cuz I was finished with my assigned one. It was in a lil Teen mag published by NYTimes and had a lil debate article about the renewal of the AW Ban and the for/against sides were not only different on the same faaacts, but their facts were twisted and seemed false as hell.

The "for" Senator had said that it was useless and there was but a slight decrease in crime due to firearms since the ban, and by banning a list of guns, you're not doing much, because they all do the same thing, shoot a bullet. What's the point of supporting a useles piece of legislature that is ineffective and wastes police resources to check up on these things, when they can also be bought on the black market and such, and the police manpower/resources could be put to better use.

That was the main emphasize on the article

The "Against" senator had said that the Ban protects lives by keeping those kind of guns off the street and that it is an essential Ban that should be upheld because of it's importance and safety issues. And to point out fact that it has reduced Crimes due to firearms by *note* 65%!.....

Again the main emphasis on the article......Will scan sometime if I can get a hold of it.

But then again I'm biased against it, for when I become of age for gun ownership it'll be in effect..

6. Justin03R6

Justin03R6 New Member

I'm biased too, but when they blatantly lie, and produce numbers (65%) without anything to back them up, I expect anyone to look askew at the people who profess such things.
    The problem, at its most basic, is a lack of firearms education. Unfortunately, people who aren't "into" guns swallow this BS hook, line, and sinker because they don't care enough about the issue at hand. What people don't seem to realize is the disregard of the 2nd amendment is just a beginning, soon they'll start chewing away at our other "guaranteed" freedoms as well.
    I think MLK said it best- " Injustice anywhere, is a threat to justice everywhere."

7. Car54

Car54 Member

yeah baby... a logical, absolutely correct opinion!