Semi-Detailed: 1997 Mercury Cougar

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by 91RS, Mar 12, 2007.

1. 91RS

91RS If this flag offends you... you need a history les

I don't have any before pictures since I didn't think to get any, but it really wasn't that dirty this time since I washed it last week when it was really nasty. Since I washed it last week I only did the outside but it needed to be waxed again. Did this with Meg's NXT wash w/ a bit of Dawn to get last week's quick wax off, Rain X glass cleaner, all wheel cleaner, Black Magic tire shine (trying to get rid of what's left of this), and some OTC Meg's Carnauba wax on a white polishing pad. More pads and some Poli-Seal hopefully coming soon. This wax did surprise me though. It did a fantastic job on my car too, it just doesn't last very long.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Looks pretty good for just using retail level products. :)

3. 91RS

91RS If this flag offends you... you need a history les

Thanks, the picture of the roof came out a little blury... The first time I detailed the car it was pretty nasty since it was driven from IL to GA and then it hadn't been washed in a few months. The paint on this car is in really good shape, hell the car only has 60k miles on it. My great aunt hand washed it it's entire life so the paint has almost no swirls too and then gave the car to my grandma so now I take care of it.

4. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

Nice work!!! I detail my dads 96 XR7 every year for fathers day. its a nice car belonged to my grandfather until he past in 03 so dad picked it up and its my job to keep it looking like new only 30k miles on it to